pocket lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.castle3

Reaction score
can anyone help? i get some pocket lifting on some clients, its usually in the centre of the nail. what is the best way of getting rid of it , it usually takes alot of time to file the pocket out ,is it best to soak off the enhancement and start again. i find it so time consuming when filing. i know i should'nt get pocket lifting because it means i am working too wet, but i have tried lots of different things not too. it seems that some people get it more than others. any ideas.

thanks julie

Is it a big/wide nail that this happens on? Try to work with smaller beads and just use more beads! I have a client with a wide thumb nail and I do it in about 4 beads so that I'm not changing my mix ratio!

You will be fine to file out the lit but it can take a while and it's a pain in the bum for you!!!

HTH

Have you read GMG's tutorial 'A pocketful of woe'

That might help eliminate the problem for you too

Trin
xx

PS - I cant find it now to add as a link - am I getting confused......I'm sure he did one......can any of the other Geeks find it??

T
x

julie.castle3 said:
can anyone help? i get some pocket lifting on some clients, its usually in the centre of the nail. what is the best way of getting rid of it , it usually takes alot of time to file the pocket out ,is it best to soak off the enhancement and start again. i find it so time consuming when filing. i know i should'nt get pocket lifting because it means i am working too wet, but i have tried lots of different things not too. it seems that some people get it more than others. any ideas.

thanks julie
I have had some clients who regularly get it. I prep with cuticle remover and make sure it is all off, plus I scrub with my scrub fresh and I use the correct mix ratio.

My clients are fairly honest and will tell me that they have wacked their nail and thought it had broken, but when they look, it is still there but with a lift in the middle. Don't get me wrong, I have had pocket lifts which may have been down to wet mix ratio, but the lack of problems on the whole has given me more confidence to know that I must be doing most thing right.

I don't like to soak off unless poeple are removing then as I have had a problem with acetone and lifting in the past. I file it out using the softer side of the black grit file then, as I am getting close to natural nail use the koala buffer. If it has taken a layer of the nail plate with it (looks a bit flaky), so I know it was adhered still and not happened during curing.

While I acknowledge that it can be down to bad prep or mix ratio. Lifting is not always your fault, acrylic and natural nails alike are not indistructable and if they are knocked something will fail somewhere!!

when you pat down your beads in zone 2, make sure that you're applying some pressure. i don't just lay it on the nail, when i pat it, i give it a little push. and, when you place the bead on the nail, are you giving it a couple seconds to settle?

that's all that i could thing of, other than what the other brill geeks said, hope it helps!!

Latest posts

Back