Polish application help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari123

Reaction score
Hi I've recently completed a beauty therapy course as an adult student. I loved every minute of it. However I haven't gone out straight onto clients yet just been doing treatments on friends and family. I am starting to doubt myself and don't know wether I'll ever have the confidence and feel my work is of a high enough standard to go onto proper clients. The main thing that's knocking my confidence is my polish application it's just not perfect even though family I've done it on love there final manicure. I have no doubt my actual manicure is of a decent standard but the polish application is letting me down. I'm very self critical in general just want my work to be perfect. Any tips? The main thing is the line around the cuticle I get as close as I can but never looks neat enough?

The secret to get a neat cuticle gap is to place the brush in the middle of the nail and push the colour down towards the cuticle.

Then brush forward towards the tip, cover the sides and clear any excess residue with the brush.

Here's a video so you understand better:-

Latest posts

Back