Polish comes off?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lulu83x

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I am currently training to hopefully become a mobile nail tech..I have a question which may be slightly silly lol...whenever I give someone a manicure/treatment the polish that I am wearing always comes off due to the polish remover..is the trick that we should not wear varnish? ever? lol also if I have acrylics on..the cotton pad keeps sticking to my nails lol xx

Hi
I was told by my tutor that as a therapist we're not actually allowed to wear nail polish or have nails any longer than a few mm's. If you can see the nails over the tip of your fingers, they're too long lol which is a pain!
Different tutors/courses might be different though so check with your tutor.
Good luck on the course though :)

there is a trick that i do and place the cottonwool pad folded over between 2 fingers (middle and index) and take it off like that or you can get hands down pads which have a little backing to them with a place to hold on to.

a salon i once went to, had the bandage wrap for your nails..
she wore that...cos she was a nail tech and wore extensions..
but yeh just get ur fingers in the right posistion so you don't get any on..try just using ur thumb!

Graham makes a plastic backed pad for removing polish. These work really well at keeping your polish looking nice. Also, when I file enhancements, I use the rubber fingers you can get at an office supply store. They work well keeping me from filing my own nails.

HTH! :)

Hands down pads work grate though quite expensive,Also a gel color or even a gel top coat over your l&p would help as gel is less pours But ever way try to get used to folding the pads and keeping the polish remove away from your nails this way is probably better in the long run as less exposure for you :)

Last edited:
ooh deanosnana i'd never thought about those, what are they actually called? their so much better than the nail bandage stuff..

Hi
I was told by my tutor that as a therapist we're not actually allowed to wear nail polish or have nails any longer than a few mm's. If you can see the nails over the tip of your fingers, they're too long lol which is a pain!
Different tutors/courses might be different though so check with your tutor.
Good luck on the course though :)

I have to agree to i'm currently training as a beauty therapist and we ve been told the same

:Grope:thanks everyone..I think I might try the plastic backed pads...oh that would be annoying if I cant have long nails lol..I guess I havent been told that yet but will def ask up on it :

Latest posts

Back