polish wont dry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeccaj

Reaction score
Im not happy. 9.00pm tonight I decided to paint my toenails. and its now 1am, big toes are smudged and the others are still slightly tacky. Why do I always have so much trouble getting my toenail polish to dry? Applied sticky base coat, only 1 coat of CND polish (was prepared to forego 2nd coat to aid in drying. Waited 20mins then applied coat of super shiney topcoat. Finished with spray of solar speed spray. Put my feet up and happily began checking out salongeeks latest posts.

Am so tired and need to go to bed, but as a say nails still slightly tacky. Am annoyed as I am going to have to take it all off and have another go tomorrow. (another late night)! Anyone got any hints on how I can speed up drying or any magic "quick" drying top coats you swear by? Thanks and Good night

Im not happy. 9.00pm tonight I decided to paint my toenails. and its now 1am, big toes are smudged and the others are still slightly tacky. Why do I always have so much trouble getting my toenail polish to dry? Applied sticky base coat, only 1 coat of CND polish (was prepared to forego 2nd coat to aid in drying. Waited 20mins then applied coat of super shiney topcoat. Finished with spray of solar speed spray. Put my feet up and happily began checking out salongeeks latest posts.

Am so tired and need to go to bed, but as a say nails still slightly tacky. Am annoyed as I am going to have to take it all off and have another go tomorrow. (another late night)! Anyone got any hints on how I can speed up drying or any magic "quick" drying top coats you swear by? Thanks and Good night

slather them in SoalrOil after you have applied SuperShiny - works every time. What colour did you use... the darker ones are more pigmented so take longer to dry on occasion...

Yes..., Im still still up, well actually no; im in bed but still geeking on the laptop (hubby out of town on business, otherwise I would never get away with this) Thanks Samantha will try the solar oil tomorrow night. The colour I used is Rock Royalty, a really yummy dark purplyish. This could expain why I never have trouble on fingernails drying only toenails as I tend to wear lighter colours on fingernails and dark colours on toes. Thanks for your response.

I find the best thing to do is Stickey, 2 ultra thin coats of enamel, waiting for each coat to dry in between then wait again 10 minutes, Super Shiney, speedspray and solar oil.

I use Rock Royalty alot and dont have a problem with drying times.

Maybe becasue you only applied one coat, that coat was too thick?

xxxxxx

thanks Hayls, dont think I applied it too thick but maybe I should be waiting for each layer to dry before applying the next. I will need to be more patient.. Thanks for your reply

Holy cow, that must be frustrating! I used to have a tough time with my toes too. I purchased an IBD Jet 5000 lamp last year and I stick my toes in it on the heat/fan setting in between coats. Also, gel polish or clear gel + glitter works really well for me. You could even mix a few drops of your enamel into clear gel and apply it that way.

HTH!

S

I'd say be liberal with the Solar Speed Spray. It comes out like a fine mist but I always use loads so that the liquid completely coats the nail and you can see it.

Yes..., Im still still up, well actually no; im in bed but still geeking on the laptop (hubby out of town on business, otherwise I would never get away with this) Thanks Samantha will try the solar oil tomorrow night. The colour I used is Rock Royalty, a really yummy dark purplyish. This could expain why I never have trouble on fingernails drying only toenails as I tend to wear lighter colours on fingernails and dark colours on toes. Thanks for your response.
Hi Rebecca,
I do wonder if Creative had a bit of a dodgy batch of colours for that new collection, as can't remember the colour off the top of my head (may have been crimson uprising), but it was defo the reddish one, and when i painted it on the colour pops it didn't dry. Even the next day, it was still tacky and you could see my finger print in it. Needless to say, i don't use that colour on clients. However Rock Royalty has always been fine, so would say you have a dodgy one. HTH
Love
Julie
x

Latest posts

Back