Poor girl's nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikiamo

Reaction score
So today a girl came into my salon after having her nails done yesterday at a different salon. I have literally never seen anything like it. They were atrocious. Every single finger was cut open. She said she couldn't even wash her hair this morning they were that sore. All the gel was literally around the fingers with huge gaps exposing the nail beds. Two nails had already come off and it looked like the natural nails had been completely filed into. So she's asked me to sort them out which I can't do til next week. Iv said I will carefully take them off and give her a manicure til her nails have recovered.

It really infuriates me that people can train in a day (which apparently she did) and do this to people. I was really dubious to say I would help but I want her to know that good nail techs do exist and she isn't going to be butchered again.

Il take photos when she's in next week.

She asked if there was anything or anyone she could report it to?

Thanks for reading :)

That's appalling.

I agree, this industry is crying out for regulation..

The worst nails I ever saw were on a woman who came to me after a mobile tech applied tips and acrylic but the acrylic was actually quite literally 3 or 4mm over her sidewalls and cuticles on every finger, actually sitting on top of the skin. Quite deliberate and well shaped, just all over the skin! It was an absolute joke.

I would imagine that the local council trading standards would like to know. Make sure you take lots of photos, so it is well documented X

So today a girl came into my salon after having her nails done yesterday at a different salon. I have literally never seen anything like it. They were atrocious. Every single finger was cut open. She said she couldn't even wash her hair this morning they were that sore. All the gel was literally around the fingers with huge gaps exposing the nail beds. Two nails had already come off and it looked like the natural nails had been completely filed into. So she's asked me to sort them out which I can't do til next week. Iv said I will carefully take them off and give her a manicure til her nails have recovered.

It really infuriates me that people can train in a day (which apparently she did) and do this to people. I was really dubious to say I would help but I want her to know that good nail techs do exist and she isn't going to be butchered again.

Il take photos when she's in next week.

She asked if there was anything or anyone she could report it to?

Thanks for reading :)

I'd like to see the photos too. Whereabouts in the North West did this happen?

Latest posts

Back