pores

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salon-sal

Reaction score
Can someone please answer this question. Do pores open and close or not?!! I believe that they do but my tutor at college says they do not. Help! What has everyone else been taught!

Hey, that is news to me!
I think I was taught that they do but only relatively. So, if somone has enlarged pores then they will not 'close' in the true sense but will reduce in size relative to how they usually are. I am sure some of the more technically minded geeks can clarify?

I have just found this. Hth x

"Pores do not have doors that “open” and “close”,but this is a descriptive way of describing how they work.The diameter of the tubule forms the pore and when the tubule dilates(widens) it gives the impression of being wide open.When the tubule contracts,it gives the impression of tightening and “closing”.The excessive production of oil and its flow causes the oil glands to enlarge and cause an enlargement of the tubule which in turn causes the pore to appear larger and crater like.This causes the skin to look and feel coarse and thick in texture.Since the size of your pores is inherited,it cannot change.You can make them appear smaller by keeping them empty of plugs that are formed by the accumulation of sebum,dead skin cells and Bacteria, so that the oil can flow freely.Regular exfoliating can help keep the pores deep cleansed and empty"

Wow thanks Tina. Thats so kind of you to look that up for me. Yes that makes sense. I really appreciate your help. x

Latest posts

Back