Portable massage couch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
Hi skin geeks,

I'm in the process of applying for my own salon. I do not do beauty but will be having a beauty room and a nail bar to rent out. The beauty room is only small so I was considering getting a portable massage couch to put in there incase the person who is letting it out might need to take it down for possible spray tan tent etc etc. Also a cheaper alternative for me, and if they want a more permanent one - I'll leave it up to them to supply it.

What I want to know is if they are stable and strong? Can anyone enlighten me as I'm not 100% sure.

I'm also thinking what to supply in the beauty room so I'm thinking couch, chest of draws, trolley and beauty stool along with a mirror and a shelf on the wall with hooks for clothing. Does this sound sufficient? They will be responsible for their own towels and sheets etc.

Thanks in advance!

xx

I'm mobile and have a portable massage couch and it is really study so I don't think you should have a problem. It cost around £60 but the mistake I made was to buy a flat one with an adjustable headrest and some lash extension clients end up with backache laying flat for so long. Make sure you get one that is in 3 sections so the top part can be raised up. X

I had a portable couch that lasted 18 years! :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would you not be better waiting to see what the incoming user of the room wants? It seems mad to kit out a room, when you may let it to someone who wants to bring their own stuff.

Just a thought,

Vicki x

I'm mobile and have a portable massage couch and it is really study so I don't think you should have a problem. It cost around £60 but the mistake I made was to buy a flat one with an adjustable headrest and some lash extension clients end up with backache laying flat for so long. Make sure you get one that is in 3 sections so the top part can be raised up. X

Where did you buy yours from? I've seen some on ebay. Is metal or wooden better?

I did think about leaving it up to them but a beauty couch will be needed who ever rents it really as that's the purpose of the room, and that's who I want in it - massage, brows etc etc. If they wanted to put there own solid couch in that's fine by me, but I would want one in there incase anyone who rents it cannot afford if they are starting out or if a person left and I didn't have one I would get one anyway. It's less then £100, so doesn't bother me. As least I could advertise it as furnished - all they have to do is bring their products.

Thanks everyone! Also, is there anything else that would need to be out in the room? Xx

I also made the mistake of not buying a couch that lifts up/reclines, and I hate it!!!
I want a new one, but I'm
Too tight too buy a new one meaning I only got mine no longer then 2 months ago 😐

I also made the mistake of not buying a couch that lifts up/reclines, and I hate it!!!
I want a new one, but I'm
Too tight too buy a new one meaning I only got mine no longer then 2 months ago 😐

That's why I thought I better check lol! Xx

I bought mine from amazon and its portable. Everyone comments how comfortable it is and it wasn't expensive at all. It called imperial massage table. Definitely recommend.

I bought mine from amazon and its portable. Everyone comments how comfortable it is and it wasn't expensive at all. It called imperial massage table. Definitely recommend.

Ohhh I'm off to have a nosey 😉
Thankyou

Hahaha welcome :)

Hahaha welcome :)

It's the same one I got, but pink, oh and it doesn't sit up etc. Because I'm an idiot and didn't read the description etc properly 🔫

Mine sits up!!

Mine sits up!!

Mine doesn't 😟
And it irritates me, clients are uncomfortable as it's too 'straight' and it gives me bloody backache when doing treatments 😡
I should if really read the description, then I would of know it wasn't a sit up one!! Xx

i had a portable couch before i started to rent a room doing beauty... so, i thought to keep costs down i will use this... BIG MISTAKE!

clients will be coming to you all shapes and sizes... our first job is to make them feel confident enough to be there! i had ladies embarrassed getting on the couch as it 'slightly' shook... many asked... will this hold me? of course it would but i did hold it as clients got on, to stop it shaking. I made clients feel vulnerable about their weight straight away... this should never have happened!!!

I purchased a proper stable, non mobile couch asap... though i knew there were a couple of clients that weren't going to return... maybe i should have advertised the new couch, but my mistake!!

So the client can only lay flat

How strange and very silly. I can understand why you are so annoyed. Is it a new bed? Can't you sell it to someone who only needs it for body massage?

Perfect, thank you. I take it the face hole and arm rests are detachable? And you can sit your client up with it? Xx

Yes, face hole, arm rests and had rest are all detachable but the top half does not raise allowing the client to suit up - you would need a 3 part couch for that x

Latest posts

Back