Portable Massage couches - a question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxglove

Reaction score
I am due to start on my Depilation course soon, so I have started looking around for a truly portable (ie one that I can actually get in and out of my 4x4!) treatment couch.

Most of the cheaper end of the market (ie under £250) seem to weigh around 15KG, which is the weight of a bag of my horse's feed - so I know I can just about lug that around!! But it is too heavy to keep lifting in and out a few times a day - I know my back's limitations :D

Anyway - I have found this one, which looks excellent. It only weighs 10KG BUT it is only 5'7 long. I will be offering facials, waxing, reflexology plus manicure and pedicure.....and L&P nails hopefully - when I get my training sorted!!

http://www.massage-tables.co.uk/solaria_ultralight_tilt_top_special_massage_table.htm

My question is this - would the shortness of the table be too unpracticle with the treatments I will be offering? I need to ask your advice before I make a costly mistake :confused:

Mmmmmm, doesn't give them much room to move does it? Salon Services do a very popular one for £150. None of them are light but you don't want to waste your money on something that won't be suitable. xx

Hi

I think I got mine from physio supplies and that weighs 14kg. When I did my research I made sure the one I went for had a carrying handle, case, and adjustable legs, ajustable back, and a face hole at the other end for massages. It is a pain lugging it about, but you can get wheels for them, prices vary depending on where you look but seen them advertised for £14.99.

I wouldn't skimp on the size you may get a client who is quite tall or wide!

If you're doing mobile make sure you ask about parking if you have to take your table, no good parking miles away then having to lug it upstairs to a flat!

Deb379

Latest posts

Back