Possible allergic reaction to L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cro-mari

Reaction score
This may sound dumb, but please put up with me - I'm not acrylic trained, only gels.

I had allergic reactions to gel, so when I converted to non - acid gel, everything's ok now. The reaction wasn't only to touching the product without gloves, I would get blisters all around just when being around the open bottle.

These days I've been thinking about doing an L&P course, because I want to learn that also. But I'm wondering: if I'm allergic to acid in gels, is there a possibillity to be allergic to L&P? I would attend CND or EZ flow training. I'm affraid to spend a lot of money and then find out that I can't go near it... :cry: Or I just have to try and see?

Any experiences, suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you all.

Do you know exactly what ingredient/s you were allergic to that was part of the gel formulation?

Hm... not sure. I got reaction from all kinds of different gels, but I was told that Brisa, Abalico and American nails are hypoallergenic and to try that. I'm now using Abalico. I also tried to compare ingreedients between all those gels I've tried, but no luck either. Anyways, no reactions to Brisa and Abalico, and crazy blistered with Ez flow (not trying to thrash them, just saying for the comparison sake).

Sorry for my answers being blure, but I was so happy founding something safe to work with, so I didn't investigate further...

Last edited:
Hm... not sure. I got reaction from all kinds of different gels, but I was told that Brisa, Abalico and American nails are hypoallergenic and to try that. I'm now using Abalico. I also tried to compare ingreedients between all those gels I've tried, but no luck either. Anyways, no reactions to Brisa and Abalico, and crazy blistered with Ez flow (not trying to thrash them, just saying for the comparison sake).

Sorry for my answers being blure, but I was so happy founding something safe to work with, so I didn't investigate further...

The usual culprits (allergens) in gels are formaldehyde, acrylates and gluteraldehyde. Brisa Gels contain none of these ingredients.

As Brisa gel is based on Retention+ L&P technology, then I would suggest you prurchase a R+ Try Me kit and have a go and see on one finger. The Try Me Kits are not expensive. You are also less likely to come into contact with your monomer liquid on a regular basis than you would be with any gel.

Thank you, that is very much helpfull... and will keep that in mind. I'm soo looking forward to learn this new skill :)

Latest posts

Back