Possible CND LED lamp issue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerdynailtech

Reaction score
Hello,

I am licensed Nail Technician and I'm a CND certified Master Painter.

Recently my co-worker and myself have had a string of sudden issues with shellac chipping off after just a couple days, (usually within the first week).

It's only happening to some of our clients as we have regulars that aren't having any problems.

Up until recently the light has been working correctly and there were no problems getting the 2 week wear out of the shellac.

The last time this happened to me (I noticed a pattern quite similar to this one) it was the NEW LED Lamp. I switched back to the old lamp and no further problems. (This was at a previous salon)

Looking for input. Anything Helps.

Thank You.
Krissy

Hello,

I am licensed Nail Technician and I'm a CND certified Master Painter.

Recently my co-worker and myself have had a string of sudden issues with shellac chipping off after just a couple days, (usually within the first week).

It's only happening to some of our clients as we have regulars that aren't having any problems.

Up until recently the light has been working correctly and there were no problems getting the 2 week wear out of the shellac.

The last time this happened to me (I noticed a pattern quite similar to this one) it was the NEW LED Lamp. I switched back to the old lamp and no further problems. (This was at a previous salon)

Looking for input. Anything Helps.

Thank You.
Krissy

Check the lamp over throughly, I was having issues with thumb curing, on inspection I found nearly all of the bulb at the corner was covered in Shellac of all sorts of colours and blobs of base/top coat. I gently scraped it all off and no issues since. I have no idea why clients have so much trouble keeping their fingers under control going in the lamp :confused:

Thank You! I will check that out. I do tend to clean it pretty regularly.

Thank You! I will check that out. I do tend to clean it pretty regularly.

I wipe mine over after every client but hadn't spotted how bad it was until I literally turned it upside down to check

Latest posts

Back