Post silk wraps care

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VFortney

Reaction score
Due to financial constraints I need to remove my silk wraps. I currently have square nails. Is that the best shape? Or should I switch to oval? I have nailique 2, and plan to get manicures every 2 weeks and do a "home job" in between. I have sticky base coat. Do I use both? Which one first? Are there any tutorials on how to properly apply polish? Any tips or suggestions will be appreciated!

Valerie

Hi Valerie - I would suggest a consultation with your manicurist for advice particularly relevant to you and your nails. Generally though, I would suggest wearing your nails in a squoval shape (ie square but with the corners slightly rounded). Don't have them too long and apply a good base coat (ie Sticky by Creative) followed by a good top coat (you could apply 2 layers of your favourite enamel before the top coat if you preferred. (Not familiar with Nailique 2.) Hopefully this will help you in between your fornightly manicures.

There is a fab tutorial on the site on polish application by Gigi. Have a read of that and why not again ask your manicurist for advice when you next visit her.

Good luck!

Nailtique 2 is a nail strengthener. My aunt, who is a hairdresser, recommended it. My manicurist is wonderful, but she speaks very little english, and the english she does speak is very difficult to understand....but I'll try!

Latest posts

Back