Post wax spots - yes, another thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Male Waxing

Reaction score
I had a chap phone me yesterday to book a chest and back wax before his holiday. He said he was last waxed about 5 months ago and had really bad spots that hung around for almost 4 months! He was obviously quite concerned about this happening again. I talked him through all the post wax care and he seems serious about following it (he was given no advice before his last wax!). He’s going to buy the Outback Organics Post Wax Kit for Guys from me and spray regularly. He’s even going to have clean bed sheets that night!

He is going away on the 6th and has booked his appointment with me on the 2nd.

Questions for the experienced waxers…..

What would cause this kind of 4 month reaction? Do you have any opinion on the treatment timing (4 days before holiday)? Would you recommend anything different considering his previous reaction? Or just anything helpful to add really :)?

Cheers now.

Tom

Hi Tom,

It's probably Folliculitis and he'll need antibiotics.

Hi Tom,

It may be that due to the fact that he has had no previous aftercare he was doing the wrong things for a long time, hence the spots sticking around, if he is a regular at the gym and he doesnt wear cotton clothing then maybe he had a reaction to the waxing treatment I.e sweat inside the follicle which he has not made better by continuing at the gym and not letting the area calm down etc...
If you are giving him all the correct aftercare to follow (which it sounds like you are!) you are using quality wax products and he is taking products with him to maintain the area, then I would give it another shot and hope that it was just a bad experience with the previous salon, if the reaction happens again then maybe the client should seek medical advise through their GP to investigate the problem area.
We have had clients in the past that have come to us after having problem areas for a while from previous salons, and when we have looked at their homecare routines and their lifestyle we have managed to really clear up their skin and see great resluts... It is worth a shot! :biggrin:

I don't think you are giving him enough time for his skin to settle before he goes I think he may end up with a back and chest full of spots while he is away especially if he is going somewhere hot.
Was the previous wax a one off or was he a frequent waxer.
Taking anti histamine for a couple of days may be a good idea too.

Latest posts

Back