Postcard from a Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skymark

Lisamarie
Reaction score
Hello Geeks

I was thinking the other day about something that we could do to continue to have a little community fun that would incorporate geeks from every place, new and old.

So I came up with...POSTCARD FROM A GEEK!

Basically think secret santa without any gift buying. For those who want to play all it will cost is the price of sending a letter and the effort of writing a quick card or letter.

Each person who wants to play will send and be sent either a letter or a postcard from a geek. It can be a simple postcard saying hello, a letter, a picture and introduction of yourself, a photo of the place you live, a personal message or anything you'd like to include to your geeky friend.

Its a way to have a bit of random fun and also get some post that isnt a bill or a demand for something or other.

For those who wish to participate, please send me a PM with your name and address. DO NOT POST YOUR DETAILS IN THE THREAD.

You will then be sent by PM the name and address of your recipient and it is up to you to send across your envelope and you may make a new geeky friend.

It is open to everyone, wherever you live and whatever kind of geek you are.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME IN ANY CARD OR LETTER YOU SEND.

I'm still waiting for Geek-Bear to visit.
Whatever happened to him?

I'm still waiting for Geek-Bear to visit.
Whatever happened to him?

Last I saw of geek bear pics he was in the States with fingernailfixer

What a great idea! :)

Im glad people want to play - I love random fun :)

This is a great idea :D

i loooooove getting nice letters.

Now all we get is bills :(

But am excited about this!!!!!

i loooooove getting nice letters.

Now all we get is bills :(

But am excited about this!!!!!

Me too - what a fab idea this is!!

As a dragon would say 'I'm in'!!

Yay, im hapy people want to play.

Am going to leave it open for few days, maybe a week or so for people to put names forward before I dish out addresses. will post in the thread when its approaching closing time.

Going to leave this open until Friday or Saturday of this week for anybody that wants to play!

Just bumping up this thread for anyone who may not have seen it :D

Lisa, you have my details already, count me in hun. x

hi! just wondered when you are going to PM us all to tell us who we are writing too?
i am getting too excited xx

Hi Everyone

Had some computer problems but back online now. Will be getting the addresses sent out in the next day or so.

Addresses being sent out today.

Happy sending!

If anybody has changed their mind about sending and either does not wish to now or does not have time, please let me know so that I can rearrange the list :)

Addresses have been sent out. The person that you will be sending to will not be the person sending something to you.

Please keep the mystery by not letting the Geek know that you are going to be sending to them. Let them let you know when they have recieved it.

Please let your Geek know when you have received your postcard / letter.

Just a reminder to postcard sending geeks in case anyone has forgotten.

I sent mine and An*Gel my geek received it and thanked me!! Looking forward to receiving mine now......

I sent mine and An*Gel my geek received it and thanked me!! Looking forward to receiving mine now......

Thanks again Vetty for my lovely card :hug:

I only got around to sending mine off yesterday

Latest posts

Back