Posting available appointments on Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
Do you do this?

I've noticed on my business page newsfeed that some people post either their availability for the coming week or if they have had a cancellation. I'm just wondering how much uptake you have from these posts.

I do and I find it works for me, but i dont do every single appointment on a quiet week as I dont want to look quiet! Just 2-3ish usually.

If theres a particular gap i'd like to fill or a last minute cancellation I'll post. It works some of the time for my clients that just want the occasional treat- regulars already have their appointments.

I know what you mean about not wanting to seem as though you are quiet. I am expecting replies to say yes it works and they get lots of uptake because it's there in black and white in front of the potential client, dangling like a carrot! I know psychologically this would have me booking in.

I'm not including discounted cancellations slots in my question, just bog standard prices and availability for either that day or that week.

I dont discount them as I dont want people then potentially waiting for me to put up discounts! I reward loyalty but dont generally do discounts.

If I saw page with loads of free appointments every week I'd assume they were very quiet and would wonder why. I think its good to do but not too much or all the time- but of course that is just my view. Im sure lots have other experiences and views contrary to that :biggrin:

It works great il sometimes pop up cancellation appointment became available at ... And it 9 times out of 10 it gets taken!
I agree though don't be putting up every free appointment or u look so quiet. I never discount it either for the same reason as above and for the fact it's unfair on the clients booked in full price x

It seems like you both operate in the same way as I was looking at it, so if the other 221 people who have viewed this thread have no other thoughts to add, then I am happy to go with this. :D

Lol, local salon to me posts umpteen times a day..interestingly they had 3 appointments left on a day I knew their only therapist was on holiday...she had been to me before she went! I was tempted to call for one of the spaces to say what he said...

I have JUST gone mobile yesterday after being asked to leave and given no notice at the salon I was working at! Anyway, since yesterday I have posted availability on my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and am almost fully booked for this week. It doesn't harm letting people know you're available.
But maybe just putting something like 'limited appointments available this week' or 'filling up fast for this week book now to avoid disappointment' I found comments like this worked really well when I was running the salons page! It stops people knowing EXACTLY how busy you are ;) x

Works well for me! But agree with everything else been said. It's great for them clients who don't like to book in advance and you know are going to want a last minute appointment. From another aspect I try to not say how fully booked I am all the time so I don't put people off asking for a last minute appointment or just generally getting in touch thinking I'm too busy for them, no harm in asking even if I can't fit them in I might have a gap iv not advertised/ not intended to fill x

I posted a few appointments I had left for this week last night and most of them have gone now - I don't post appointments available very often but when I do, and I put exact times it works better than 'not many appointments left' x

Thanks everyone, it's been good to hear that's been positive for you. I will do this, but being mindful not to give out the wrong impression.

Ive just put up my appointments left for next 3 weeks and 70% of these have just been taken now. X

I also put a list of dates and times not appointments available x

I put my appointments on all the time. Utilising social media is the best form of advertising! I book out 90% of appts this way. I think people are daft not to do this xx

Latest posts

Back