Posting on social media problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orlaeryn

Reaction score
Hi guys
Quick question.
I posted a few pictures of work I did on my Instagram account ( lashes and brows). I work for a salon, and I tagged them in the posts. My boss is not happy as she says this is her product since I work for her. I posted the pictures as I am good at what I do and proud of my work. Is it unreasonable of me to want to be able to post pictures of the work I do? I get that the boss is thinking business wise, probably thinks I'm trying to steal business... I am not!!
Opinions welcome

It's a form of free advertising for her , what is her problem. You tagged the salon so I don't see an issue. She should thank you !

Thanks for the reply.
I don't understand it myself. I could understand the issue if I were posting and saying contact me directly etc, but I am not . I tag the salon so people know where to book.
I work hard to always improve which will ultimately benefit us both. I really don't understand the problem but she's adamant it is one and that I am essentially posting pictures of the salons work not mine.

If it's your own personal/business Instagram account, I can see her being slightly narked, but the fact that you tagged her should make realise your intentions were nothing but honourable. But I would explain your reasons & the intent behind doing it & maybe, given her reaction, ask/check with her before posting next time? If you tagged her, she obviously has her own Instagram page. So as another thought/option why not ask to post it on her page, then repost it on yours, win, win then surely!?

Last edited:
Hi guys
Quick question.
I posted a few pictures of work I did on my Instagram account ( lashes and brows). I work for a salon, and I tagged them in the posts. My boss is not happy as she says this is her product since I work for her. I posted the pictures as I am good at what I do and proud of my work. Is it unreasonable of me to want to be able to post pictures of the work I do? I get that the boss is thinking business wise, probably thinks I'm trying to steal business... I am not!!
Opinions welcome

No, your boss is correct.
What you're doing is unlawful without your boss's permission!
It's an area of law called intellectual property rights and you could be sacked for gross misconduct if you carry on and ignore her wishes.

Whilst you are in the salon, all the work you do legally belongs to her.
You must not even take photographs of it without her express permission otherwise you are risking your job.

You need to stop viewing it as 'your work' as legally, it isn't.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back