Potential new business owner & need a name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sami*

Reaction score
hi there im looking for some advice and any top tips from salon owners.
im currently in talks to take over an existing beauty salon and bring my hairdressing clients to expand the current business. Ive been in the industry for 14 years and think now is time , but man is it daunting!
i need a name (that doesn't have mine in it) that explains what we do but also doesn't scare off gents as im a barber also.
help!!!
tia
sami

Are you planning to offer men’s hairdressing services in a space currently operating as a beauty salon? I’d be more concerned about scaring off the existing Beauty clients, to be honest. My advice would be to stick to offering ladies hairdressing services initially, then review the situation when you’ve been in business for a year.

ive been working in a unisex salon for 7 years so i have a mixed clientele at the moment. the space is quite large so wont be on top of each other but in the same building.

delete

Last edited:
My partner grew her clientele from 21 to 38 clients in one month; 38 to 150 in 8 months; Facebook Ads had everything to do with it. And far less risky than buying an existing salon.

The States is a very different market.

delete

Last edited:
Local cultures.
Very few people over 35 would use Facebook to find a hairdresser or beauty salon. It’s still mostly word of mouth, leaflets and newspaper ads. We have mostly small independent shops in my local town.

Latest posts

Back