Powder Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

beauport

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this salon geek stuff and pretty new to being a nail tech in fact still training but I need some help from you guys out there. Is there such a thing as powder gel? I know this is probably a dumb question but please bear with me I am really curious as to if powder gel exists help

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this salon geek stuff and pretty new to being a nail tech in fact still training but I need some help from you guys out there. Is there such a thing as powder gel? I know this is probably a dumb question but please bear with me I am really curious as to if powder gel exists help
Basically no! If it's a powder, the chances are it's part of a liquid and powder (L+P) system - which most people call 'acrylic'. Here's the thing though - all nail systems are acrylic in chemical make up, l+p, gel, fibreglass...... all from the acrylic family of chemicals! What sysytem are you using??

There is a system called Acrygel which uses a powder in conjunction with gel, but I've never used it..... I'll see if I can hunt out some threads for you to look at.

hth's

alisondenn

Reaction score
yes there is a powder gel its called LeChat. Its an absolute brill product very strong and flexible too. I absolutely love it. Available in soak off too. Acrygel is gel and acrylic powder - use this product too - but is applied completely differently. If you need more information let me know

nic nac

Reaction score

beauport

Reaction score
Thanks for your help and the link to lechat it was a great help - I use NSI gel system and love it but sometimes get bubbles in the finish when it is cured any answers for that one

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
Basically no!
yes there is a powder gel its called LeChat. Its an absolute brill product very strong and flexible too. I absolutely love it. Available in soak off too. Acrygel is gel and acrylic powder - use this product too - but is applied completely differently. If you need more information let me know
Sorry, I was unaware of the Le Chat product...... Didn't mean to mislead you.....

Missy_Emerald

Reaction score
What is this product called please? where can i buy it?

thanks

We have a product like this

It is an odourless UV liquid & powder system

You dip the brush in the liquid, then in the powder. The mixture becomes gel-like. You apply it to the nail like gel and cure it in a lamp like gel.

It has the strength of acrylic and can also be soaked off.

Gina x

Latest posts