PPE, price increase, massage and facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel1981

Reaction score
Hi

My main treatments are massage and facials.

I have ordered PPE, such as a face shield, disposable gloves, disposable sponges, disposable face towels etc. Is anyone else going to wear disposable gloves for massage/facials?

With all the disposable products I will need, I will need to increase my prices, how much by, how much is everyone else increasing by?

Is it worth going back? Will we lose alot of our clients?

What are your views?

I still waiting for confirmation if I required to wear gloves for massage and facials. I will be wearing face shields and masks. But as massage is touch therapy, it is different for the client. With facials I like to touch the skin as part of the consultation, that but can't be done with gloves on, but I could continue the facial with gloves, but again the sensation for the client may change.

Most of my business is massage and facials, so am constantly watching out for new guidance which seems to be extremely slow.

Hi,

Are you self employed?

If so, will you be increasing your prices?

Is so, by how much

Hi,

Are you self employed?

If so, will you be increasing your prices?

Is so, by how much
Yes I am self employed. I keeping my prices the same for the moment and see how things go. I will be asking clients to bring their own face masks,mor I will sell them one on arrival. At say £1 per mask.

It's just really difficult getting the insurance company to actually define what PPE I must wear for each treatment. I have signed up for another massage and eyebrow courses, which I going to cancel if I have to wear gloves for massage going forward.

Latest posts

Back