Practice Acrylic French Tips ahead of training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherrypie1590

Reaction score
Hi

I have my acrylic training booked for November and I have been trying to do my own in advance so I can understand everything a little better. Please let me know what you think of this attempt.

Thanks in advance

Cherrypie :lol:

heh, I think they look pretty good for someone doin them ahead of training especially around the cuticle area. The only thing I can see which needs some improvement is where you place the white tips. I would say if you bring them down the nail plate as close to the natural free edge then they would look amazing, woul look so much more natural. Done a fab job, good luck and enjoy your training xx:wink2:

Is there any acrylic over your nails tips? sorry had to see...

But way too much white tip hun

Don't think there's any acrylic over the nail and tips?

My advice would be to just wait till your training - speaking from experience. I did the same - booked my training with NSI and thought I'd start early, bought the tips, powder, liquid etc. Did a couple of sets and thought 'this is easy, I'm gonna enjoy this!' When it came to my course, applying the nails was nothing like what I had picked up already and I found myself having to forget the things I'd learnt already - coz the stuff they teach you on the course gives far better results and shows you how to do things properly :biggrin:

Good luck with the course, you'll love it! x

Actually there is isn't there, lol! Done well to not get it on the cuticles :)

heh, I think they look pretty good for someone doin them ahead of training especially around the cuticle area. The only thing I can see which needs some improvement is where you place the white tips. I would say if you bring them down the nail plate as close to the natural free edge then they would look amazing, woul look so much more natural. Done a fab job, good luck and enjoy your training xx:wink2:

Thanks, I'm trying to get them closer to the nail edge so there is less white :wink2: thanks your having a look

Last edited:

My advice would be to just wait till your training - speaking from experience. I did the same - booked my training with NSI and thought I'd start early, bought the tips, powder, liquid etc. Did a couple of sets and thought 'this is easy, I'm gonna enjoy this!' When it came to my course, applying the nails was nothing like what I had picked up already and I found myself having to forget the things I'd learnt already - coz the stuff they teach you on the course gives far better results and shows you how to do things properly :biggrin:

Good luck with the course, you'll love it! x

Thanks, I have given them a break until after my training. Instead of having friends as dummies now, I'll need them after my training instead. It's next Monday so hopefully it'll be good and I can get them right. Thanks for the advise and having a look. :wink2:

We all try practice before our training, to be honest it's just best not to - it's amazing how different it is.

I have started acrylics only since oct, so I dont have alot of advice. My only thing would be if your going to use tips,(not sure what your using) use the tips with a Well, then maybe that would help with how far down you are putting them. As well, I would definatly go alot thicker with the acrylic, that way you can file and get the perfect, most natural nail

I know you're excited about getting started but once you do, you'll look back on these nails and think, "Did I really do those nails?" LOL

Let yourself get started with some formal training and then send us pictures of your progress. It's better to let us critique your work once you're being trained. It's really unfair to critique you when you've receive no education whatsoever.

I'm excited for you and your new adventure! I'm looking forward to seeing that nails you produce.

Im not really sure whats going on here..you only put acrylic on the nail beds and not the tips?

Whats the point of this or am I missing something here? xx

Latest posts

Back