Practising your nail art!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Having finally become interested in nail art with paints, as opposed to the more permanent variety with coloured/glitter powders and being weary of the old faithfuls ie flicks and dots etc, how did you go about practising/improving it?

I am talking in terms of one stroke, watercolours and acrylic painting in general. I find I'm seeing so much I like that it's a job to narrow it down! So, once you've got your kit arranged in front of you, would you do the same thing over and over until it met with your satisfaction or what? How long did it take you to feel confident with it and how often/long would/do you practise?

I fully appreciate it's an ongoing thing, but where did you start?!? :hug:

To learn onestroke I practiced for few hours nearly every day for weeks till I got the basics right... The started doing it on nail pops and myself and then started offering to clients, but I still practice now as tho they look good they arnt perfect and I want them better so continue to practice hour or 2 a week if can..

To learn onestroke I practiced for few hours nearly every day for weeks till I got the basics right... The started doing it on nail pops and myself and then started offering to clients, but I still practice now as tho they look good they arnt perfect and I want them better so continue to practice hour or 2 a week if can..

Thanks, Maz. Did you go on a one day workshop for it, look on You Tube etc? I did a one day course a few years back and it was very good at the time but when I got home I found I wasn't remembering all the different angles etc so it slipped a bit. This time, I've got a foundation training dvd and I have to say it's a permanent reminder and I'm kinda feeling reassured by it!

Latest posts

Back