Pre bonding hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkynails

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I use the micro ring method and sometimes cant find hair thick enough per strand for my clients so I was thinking of starting to pre bond the hair extensions myself from wefts. I was just wondering what do i need to pre bond the tips? and also is it easy

Thanks

Hi!

Pre bonded tips would be the easy route however to pretip your own you can either use glue pellets or tip with a cold liquid glue like liquid gold.

Pre-tipping is very time consuming and I wouldnt recommend doing for a full head, using loose hair and a glue gun would be more sensible after all your time is money.

Regards

i brought a pre-bonding machine from ebay about a year ago for about £200 which i guess is abit pricey but its great and it saves me alot of money and time in the long run plus i can make my own pre-bonded strands to my exact size/colour ect

Hi
I have been pretipping my own hair for two years or more now and I use a polyamide adhesive stick which fits into an adhesive gun and cut it off the weft. I can pretip 125-150 bonds in an hour. I normally pretip different sizes for different parts of the head. It works well for me but it doesnt work for everyone.

Hi

This is what I am starting to do as well- I have done a few practice strands & its getting easier although i am finding there is some shedding coming out of the middle of each pre bonded strands. Any advice?

I am thinking the machine is the way to go!

Lancashire Lass- are you making the tips as you go along?

Many thanks

Jane

You dont need a machine its just extra expense that is not needed, when pretipping you need to ensure that the adhesive goes through all the hair and its not just on the outside. Fan the hair out and then spread the adhesive through the hair your going to pretip, roll with your forfinger and thumb and then cut off any excess adhesive.

When I book a client in I obviously take a deposit from the client which purchases the hair I then pretip all the hair before hand a few days before the install date. I can do the pretips pretty quickly but thats only because I have done thousands.

There is a youtube video on how to do this.

Hi
I have been pretipping my own hair for two years or more now and I use a polyamide adhesive stick which fits into an adhesive gun and cut it off the weft. I can pretip 125-150 bonds in an hour. I normally pretip different sizes for different parts of the head. It works well for me but it doesnt work for everyone.

where do you buy that glue and the gun?

pm me for details and I will give them to you

Latest posts

Back