pre design tips use gel? blend?....more

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

Reaction score
Im just wondering i have the hawley pre design tips and star fingers can u blend them into the natural nail like u do the the clear or natural tip?.... also can you use gel over the top of the tip some are clear with a design some are coloured tips with a deisgn... what would u recommend when it comes to a backfill (re-fill) or rebalance would i take the tip off and applied another tip as im 1 of these people who likes to change my nails every time i do them i cant keep any thing longer than 2 weeks i have different tips in lp when i had acrylics but now i have gel (brisa) and the only coloured gel i know of is bio sculpture and ibd and im a not trained in the way the work. so i usuall paint a tip on them but now i have pre disgn tips i cant wait to try them out but wanted opinions first b4 i went ahead ok im sorry to bore u all:zzz:

Hi there Bell

Depending on the design on the tip, I will sometimes blend with a kanga file[CND] a fine swipe of glitter enamel will cover up any inperfections/shadowing

I have these as an alternative for Bonus Offers etc.
If your using gel- Double cure,I do the right side up 2 mins,then turn over.
A couple of coats of the UV finishing gloss over the tips lasted well for me also.

HtH
XX J XX

Hi. I use these occasionally on my mum as she likes them alot! I tend to only buy the designs which do not pass the smile line and remove almost all of the well. I then butt up whats left of the well to the free edge. I only swipe over each tip with a very worn white buffing block as some of the designs come off if you are too heavy handed. I find they last longer with Creative L&P and I get a better finish and easier to remove when they are beyond maintenance! I have also used them with Brisa Gel. My mum likes them long, which I HaTe! but they last up to 3 weeks without infills. As for infills/rebalance - I don't like to bother as the designs vary so much and some are airbrushed......if you can infill them - you might as well do it yourself to start with! I call them "Express Party Nails" and they only take me about an hour. I keep them at the same price as regular enhancements as the tips are more expensive....so it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

Hope this helps....:Grope:

Latest posts

Back