Pre pig advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TpH

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm doing a colour correction on Monday and would like anyones thoughts. Client has a colour depth of an 8 or 9 but with murky tones, its also quite porous. She would like to go darker base 6 with caramel tones. I thought I should pre pig with colour fresh 6/34 then apply colour touch 6/73 + 1.9%. does this sound ok and would you rinse off the pre pig and dry hair before applying colour touch thanks :)

Last edited:
Do you have access to perfecton? You could apply this all over and dry in so would save you the process of having to rinse out the colour touch.

I'm mobile now but when I used to work in the salon I used this pre pig spray. Girl had bleach white hair and wanted to go more of a base 8. I used this pre pig spray you can either use gold or yellow u spray all on hair and put the tint over the top. Can't remember if I used yellow or gold but I just put a base 8 over top and came out perfect and saved time as didn't have to rinse and apply again, I'm sure it was by affinage? Was few years ago so can't really remember but I'm sure by now theirs other brand that do something like that 😊

I use a copper mousse on dry hair then dry the mousse in then apply colour.

I'm pre pigging with colur fresh so would I need to rinse off, thought it was the same as perfection but wasnt sure, if its the same as perfection I'd apply and dry into hair before applying colour touch on top ??

Last edited:
Would I be better to pre pig with 7/43 colour fresh then apply 6/73 colour touch + 1.9%. Worried the 6/34 colour fresh to pre pig is to dark :confused:please help

Hi All, I'm doing a colour correction on Monday and would like anyones thoughts. Client has a colour depth of an 8 or 9 but with murky tones, its also quite porous. She would like to go darker base 6 with caramel tones. I thought I should pre pig with colour fresh 6/34 then apply colour touch 6/73 + 1.9%. does this sound ok and would you rinse off the pre pig and dry hair before applying colour touch thanks :)

When are your caramel tones coming into it then?
If not I'd wash hair towel dry sponge on perfecton /43 blot of excess then go straight in with your colour touch as it goes on wet/damp hair then just rinse as you washed it before the perfecton 👍 x

Hi Thanks for re-cap on pre pigging, not my fav thing to do. Didn't mean caramel tones (client keeps changing her mind, I'm getting confused!):confused: more treacle toffee, basically wella 6/73 is our target shade. I'm unable to get perfecton in time so would colour fresh 6/34 be ok or would colour fresh 7/43 be better??????

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with wella, but you need to be pre pigging one level lighter than your target shade x

thats great thanks x

When are your caramel tones coming into it then?
If not I'd wash hair towel dry sponge on perfecton /43 blot of excess then go straight in with your colour touch as it goes on wet/damp hair then just rinse as you washed it before the perfecton �� x

Hi Beckstar,Thanks so much for all the advice, I've decided to dely clients app til the perfecton 43 arrives. I'm then going to pre pig with perfecton 43 before applying colour touch 7/73 + 1.9%, as I'm worried 6/73 will be to dark. As I said before client keeps changing her mind so will do a test strand first. :biggrin:

Hi Beckstar,Thanks so much for all the advice, I've decided to dely clients app til the perfecton 43 arrives. I'm then going to pre pig with perfecton 43 before applying colour touch 7/73 + 1.9%, as I'm worried 6/73 will be to dark. As I said before client keeps changing her mind so will do a test strand first. :biggrin:
That's no probs Hun but defo strand test before now your going up a level make sure you water the perfecton down all guild lines are in the box 7/73 is a lovely warm colour anyway so won't need the perfecton so strong x

Latest posts

Back