Pre pig with mousse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairloverr

Reaction score
Anyone pre pig with mousse? Just trying to find a quick and easy way for pre pigmentation, I was taught at college you can but I have never done it myself?! Thank you.

Anyone pre pig with mousse? Just trying to find a quick and easy way for pre pigmentation, I was taught at college you can but I have never done it myself?! Thank you.

Yup I've done it before. Was perfectly fine. Just shampooed, applied mousse, dried it in them applied colour over the top.

Yup I've done it before. Was perfectly fine. Just shampooed, applied mousse, dried it in them applied colour over the top.

What if I just apply the mousse on dry hair? Dry in and apply the colour on top? I don't want to shampoo it as that's not taking much less lol thank you tho.

What if I just apply the mousse on dry hair? Dry in and apply the colour on top? I don't want to shampoo it as that's not taking much less lol thank you tho.

That's what I would do apply the copper or red mousse depending the depth, on dry hair, dry it in and then apply colour .

I have used some direct colours for partial precolouring in past, but as general rule if another method will last longer/better use it and change for it! Colour correction requires knowledge and skill and I think is too often undercharged! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what I would do apply the copper or red mousse depending the depth, on dry hair, dry it in and then apply colour .

Have you done it? Did it work 100%. Thank you just about to order some mousse

Yeah I suppose you could, but like Adamlea said, if something's going to last longer then do it that way.

I have used some direct colours for partial precolouring in past, but as general rule if another method will last longer/better use it and change for it! Colour correction requires knowledge and skill and I think is too often undercharged! :)

That's why I'm asking if it works the same as using something else I have been using affinage gel it's alright. But if mousse works why not :)

Yeah I suppose you could, but like Adamlea said, if something's going to last longer then do it that way.

Yes deff I would that's why I'm asking if Mousse would work 100% or not. If not then I better use something else :) as I don't want to use mousse coz it's quicker but if it's not going to last then no point.

Yes deff I would that's why I'm asking if Mousse would work 100% or not. If not then I better use something else :) as I don't want to use mousse coz it's quicker but if it's not going to last then no point.

Try it out and see for yourself.

I would look at direct dyes if the hair is very sensitised or if it is a partial application. My preference is demi because of the duribility and you can control how dark you take it. But if it is very over processed I would definatly look at direct dyes. Let us know how you get on!

Have you done it? Did it work 100%. Thank you just about to order some mousse

Yes it works for me, others may find other ways better, but for me that's what I use as I was taught to use, mind you you hear a lot people adding the pre pig into the colour so im sure that way would be quicker, and I'm going to try this way soon

I would look at direct dyes if the hair is very sensitised or if it is a partial application. My preference is demi because of the duribility and you can control how dark you take it. But if it is very over processed I would definatly look at direct dyes. Let us know how you get on!

Much like me.

As a general rule there is diffence between precolouring or colour-matching. Colour matching only replaces warmth because hair is basically a type of natural fibre and some types of oxidation dyes will 'take' better to hair in good condition and will appear flat or ash on sensitised hair.

If the hair is too light or very sensitised you need to replace depth (brown) and the tone for duribilty. For example if you just pre-colour a level 10 with pure orange for a warm 6 you might have the correct tone but not enough depth so the result may be too light/ washed out x

As a general rule there is diffence between precolouring or colour-matching. Colour matching only replaces warmth because hair is basically a type of natural fibre and some types of oxidation dyes will 'take' better to hair in good condition and will appear flat or ash on sensitised hair.

If the hair is too light or very sensitised you need to replace depth (brown) and the tone for duribilty. For example if you just pre-colour a level 10 with pure orange for a warm 6 you might have the correct tone but not enough depth so the result may be too light/ washed out x

Colour-matching is loreal right?

It is!

I see thank you all
I'm also looking into perfecton as never used it before? How is it used? Mixed with water? Applied in the hair? Dry it in and then apply the final colour? Thank you again this might be better than mousse.

Yes it works for me, others may find other ways better, but for me that's what I use as I was taught to use, mind you you hear a lot people adding the pre pig into the colour so im sure that way would be quicker, and I'm going to try this way soon

Thank you I do use mix tone like color touch for low lighting most of the time.

Latest posts

Back