Pregnancy and pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elouisa

Reaction score
I've recently done my pedicure training (qualified in nails along time ago)and it came up that predicures, manicures and even painting nails won't be allowed in the 1st trimester of pregnancy. Anyone else know about this? When it comes into effect?

Hello, I wasn't aware of that? Why is that and when does it take effects??

Never heard that one!
Lots of ladies don't know they are pregnant for a couple of months anyway!!

I have in the back of my mind that it's the massage part that can be contraindicated during pedicure ? Pressure points around the ankle corresponding to the uterus ?

I work in a Spa and if someone is under 12 weeks pregnant, we allow them a file and polish only. We won't perform full manicure / pedicure or any other treatments.

Just avoid any massage. Reflexology points on the feet can lead to pregnancy complications. Hard skin removal, exfoliation, nail tidy,cuticle work and polish should be fine x

One tutor told me that it's the insurance companies who put that clause into their proposals
As there is a higher risk of miscarriage within the first 3 months of pregnancy, they don't want therapists to be held responsible or for products to be blamed.

Latest posts

Back