Pregnancy-when is it time to stop working?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indea10

Reaction score
Hi ladies looking for some advice I have a beauty school & salon I am due my baby in 9 weeks time .. It is always tiring working in the salon however the last two weeks I have had to stop doin late nights as It was literally breaking my feet and back! I am now getting to that point of being very tiered but don't want to stop working as I don't like being bored and ofcourse I still need the money ..

I would like to know what all of you business ladies have done in the past when you left for maternity and when you returned ..

Thank you x

This is a very big part of the reason I don't have any children because the logistics of running a sole trader business and being pregnant, not being able to take much time off just scares the hell out of me, so I would also like to know what you all have done im mainly hair :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi

I stopped worked 4-5 weeks before my due date and then took between 6 months and a year off. I have 3 children 9, 6 and 3. I was mobile with my first, home based when I had the 2nd and opened my own salon when the 3rd was 2!

It's not easy, but I wouldn't change the amount of time I took off, you can't get that time back with your kids when their little.

My husband, for the most part works away from home too!

You'll know what feels right. Yes I lost some clients, but also gained some new ones along the way. Eight years into all this I have clients that have stuck by me for those 8 years.

Lilian

Probably not the answer you were looking for but I am a sole trader and have a salon I employed someone in to help take the pressure off me whilst I was pregnant although if anything it just added to the stress. On my sons due date I was still doing spray tans (how ridiculous) and then after having him I was asked to come in only 11 days after giving birth. If I can give any advice if you can try to take as much time to rest beforehand cut some hours if needed do less intense treatments and also try to take as much time off as you're able to afterwards it's my biggest regret and my little boy is two soon and I cannot remember much of him being a baby at all :(.

Good luck :) xx

Having only just come back to work from maternity leave in October I know the worry it can cause. I had a very successful home based salon & since I have come back to work it has been extremely hard to regain a lot of clients I have lost due to the fact my hours are now shorter (not as flexible as I used to be for late nights) & people going elsewhere & not coming back for whatever reason. I took 6 months off in total, 2 weeks off before due date.
If I could change anything I would probably have come back sooner to work as maybe my business would not have suffered so much but then I did enjoy all the time off with my baby.
Do what feels best for you. You will know how much you can cope with before & after.
I still have a lot of very loyal clients & I am still hopeful that business will get better as the summer comes in. Xx

Oh & by the way a lot of the clients that didn't come back where the ones who didn't know how they where going to cope without me! So take a lot of what clients say at face value xx

Latest posts

Back