Pregnant and own a Salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jen_erin89

Reaction score
Hi so I am a hair salon owner and i have just found out I am 6weeks pregnant (yes totally unplanned) I am a sole trader with no staff except that I sub-let out half the salon to another hairdresser who runs her own clients and biz separately.

I am looking to see if anyone has any ideas as to what I can do? Once bub is here I'm hoping to work on sat/sun while my other half is home with baby because I want to still do hair. But is the only option I have to employ someone and train them up to take my place? Or should i offer the lady who sublets off me some kind of deal? I am in need of any ideas. Many thanks :)

Hi so I am a hair salon owner and i have just found out I am 6weeks pregnant (yes totally unplanned) I am a sole trader with no staff except that I sub-let out half the salon to another hairdresser who runs her own clients and biz separately.

I am looking to see if anyone has any ideas as to what I can do? Once bub is here I'm hoping to work on sat/sun while my other half is home with baby because I want to still do hair. But is the only option I have to employ someone and train them up to take my place? Or should i offer the lady who sublets off me some kind of deal? I am in need of any ideas. Many thanks :)

Hmm tricky one. Can't you rent out your chair to someone for a certain ££ per week, would this not keep you going, but only have it as a temporary contract. xx

I'm in the same position but from a beauty perspective, I'm 6mths pregnant now and have only just found the right person to employ, I wouldn't go to the lady u sublet to, I would search for the right staff to keep your business afloat, iv cut my working hours and will take 6 weeks initially when baby arrives. Keep looking for a competent trust worthy person to take the load off. Good luck

I'm in the same position but from a beauty perspective, I'm 6mths pregnant now and have only just found the right person to employ, I wouldn't go to the lady u sublet to, I would search for the right staff to keep your business afloat, iv cut my working hours and will take 6 weeks initially when baby arrives. Keep looking for a competent trust worthy person to take the load off. Good luck

I am so pleased to hear I'm not the only one in this situation, I actually have a lady/friend who is perfect and willing. I have never paid wages etc. so that's scary but guess so is being pregnant ahhhhhh thank you

Latest posts

Back