Pregnant and working as a waxer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiebellewax

Reaction score
Hi all, not sure if ive posted in the right place but wanted some advice. I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my first baby and though its still early days I am needing to plan ahead for working.
I know its different for everyone but do you think that its doable to wax right up to full term, or do some treatments, such as legs become too difficult after a while?
The plan is to bring someone in with me part time for the last month or 2 and to cover maternity leave, but as I only rent 1 room they will have to do alternate days, so I wont have the luxury of sticking all the legs in with someone else. Any tips and advice please?
Thanks x

In reality, it's nothing to do with which body part you'll be waxing…….it's the pure exhaustion that you'll feel being on your feet for so long. You'll be knackered and not up to it if you are back to back all day with clients.

If you can, get someone in to do legs and larger body parts (if you wax men too) and you then go in the room to do their intimate waxing and smaller body parts.

Good luck with the bubba. Exciting. :hug:

Thanks for the reply Kim :)
I suppose im going to be knackered whatever im waxing, like you said lol. Will look at getting someone in with me and splitting the clients throughout the day, and maybe just doing the intimate like you said. I know its ages off but I'm sure it will fly! Ive read on here before that plenty of people work doing hair, nails etc right upto due date so im sure it will all work out x
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I used a Stand sit stool which was a godsend they are about £300 but I got mine 2nd from ebay a lot cheaper

Hi, I'm 38+2 weeks pregnant and I've finished my last day of treatments today, mainly waxing, if that helps. But I guess it depends on each individual. I only decided this week that I couldn't go any longer but that's partly because of the weather. Good Luck xx

I worked past my due date but I paced myself for the last few weeks of pregnancy.
Def make sure u book time in between clients so u can have a break and breather. You will get tired so try not to book huge block bookings
Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you all for your replies, im feeling a fair bit calmer about it now, especially after reading that you have been working all week in this boiling weather at over 38wks pregnant styleteambeauty!

Ha ha I know and it is honestly only the heat that's stopping me. X

I worked till 32 weeks in salon but couldn't keep up the pace and felt exhausted half way through the day, so left and did one client a day from home for a few weeks. I am now 35.2 weeks and painful SPD symptoms have me stopping completely until after baby is born.

Unfortunately the woman I rented my space from has been telling all her clients that I only left as I didn't want to pay the rent anymore and is acting very bitter towards me. Hmmm, so the baby and my exhaustion has nothing to do with it then? I won't be returning and she knows it after her bad attitude and behaviour.....

Sent from my GT-S7275R using SalonGeek mobile app

I worked till 32 weeks in salon but couldn't keep up the pace and felt exhausted half way through the day, so left and did one client a day from home for a few weeks. I am now 35.2 weeks and painful SPD symptoms have me stopping completely until after baby is born.

Unfortunately the woman I rented my space from has been telling all her clients that I only left as I didn't want to pay the rent anymore and is acting very bitter towards me. Hmmm, so the baby and my exhaustion has nothing to do with it then? I won't be returning and she knows it after her bad attitude and behaviour.....

Thats horrible of her, do you think that she is trying to stop other clients from following you by mad mouthing you I wonder? Have you got someone covering you for maternity leave, or are you going to just get back in asap? X

If she's bad mouthing me it won't make much difference now as my loyal clients have been with me for between 6-12 months and have followed me already. Plus I'll be working in my own area in future (her salon is 7 miles away).
I gave her 2 months notice (my contract said I only had to give 3 days so I was super fair!) and she knew I was pregnant months before so it wouldn't have been a surprise. No I didn't get cover and im glad as I wasn't truly happy working alongside her anyway, she's very bitchy and likes to try and bully people which I probably why we had a few big bust ups. I won't be bullied, especially by someone I am giving money to!

Sorry for the rant :)

Latest posts

Back