Pregnant on the implant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveLocksx

Reaction score
My question is do you know if or no anyone that has got pregnant whilst on the implant ??

Umm rather interesting post as I'm on this too.... Slightly scared now lol 😮😮

Umm rather interesting post as I'm on this too.... Slightly scared now lol 😮😮

I've heard it is a rare chance but you can!!
The reason being is I've still had periods whilst having my implant normal every month. . But my last one was nearly 7 weeks ago :/ and still havnt had one but got the period feeling and have done for 2 weeks

Weird ay

Not quite the implant but my mum got pregnant whilst on the coil 😬 they managed to get it out whilst she was still pregnant and along came my little sister that was 13 yrs ago but still hear of it now days xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I had mine out due to side effects but I did have a close friend who got pregnant on the injection, and her best friend got pregnant on the implant. They said it was due to her being close to needing it replaced and that it may be less productive. This was 4 years ago so it may be better now.

The reason being is I've still had periods whilst having my implant normal every month. . But my last one was nearly 7 weeks ago :/ and still havnt had one but got the period feeling and have done for 2 weeks

Weird ay

Depending on what the hormone is in it if it's progesterone that can mess with your periods if your worried I would go to your gp or family planning clinic

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

My question is do you know if or no anyone that has got pregnant whilst on the implant ??

Yes my work colleague ! She miscarried but didn't know she was pregnant as she was on implant !
She was so shocked bless her x

Not the implant but I did fall pregnant with a coil and miscarried, and also fell pregnant on the pill and had my daughter. It's possible for any contraception to fail, none of them are 100%. If your period is 2wks late just do a test to put your mind at rest :)

Not the implant but I did fall pregnant with a coil and miscarried, and also fell pregnant on the pill and had my daughter. It's possible for any contraception to fail, none of them are 100%. If your period is 2wks late just do a test to put your mind at rest :)

I think it will as it's so odd :/

Weird ay

Periods can come n go anytime on implant, my first implant no period for the first 2 years. My second implant was having a period once every 6 months, got it removed 6 months ago as I thought it was causing me to be miserable n moody but I still am lol it's just I noticed as soon as I had the second implant in I instantly become in a constant pissed off mood.

Ps original question lol I dnt think u wud have hardly any chance of getting pregnant on the implant it's a very strong hormone, I did however keep getting the pregnancy feelings n symtoms on n off, It's because it can make u feel like ur already pregnant that's why some people put on weight.

Ps original question lol I dnt think u wud have hardly any chance of getting pregnant on the implant it's a very strong hormone, I did however keep getting the pregnancy feelings n symtoms on n off, It's because it can make u feel like ur already pregnant that's why some people put on weight.

It's very odd though I've had this for nearly 2 years and had a period every month in that time and now nothing!! So out of the ordinary if that makes sense.

On my implant my periods were here there n everywhere for first 6 months then had nothing for 2 n a half yrs x

I've been on the implant now for .. 3 months it is murder at the mo as I've been on ( but not loads) ever since then .... Great!! It's seems to have settled down now for the first time, since my last proper period just gone hopefully it stays this way else I'm having it removed :( x

How long have you been on the implant? I had normal periods for about 3 months then they stopped altogether for about a year then all the sudden I wouldnt stop bleeding and had to have it taken out x

How long have you been on the implant? I had normal periods for about 3 months then they stopped altogether for about a year then all the sudden I wouldnt stop bleeding and had to have it taken out x

Nearly 2 years! Hense why I think it's really odd!!

I had an implant & was on more than I was off. I would bleed for about 3 weeks then off for a week if I was lucky. I told the family planning clinic & they said I had to wait and see if it settled, after 2 years I lost my temper & refused to leave until they had it removed it. Felt a million times better going straight back on the injection.

Funny how differently my body reacted to the same hormones when applied differently. I have no periods with injection but was bleeding ALL the time with the implant.

My good friend had the rod for 4 years and barely had her period she got the symptoms monthly but never bled. She took it out and her periods are normal now.

My good friend had the rod for 4 years and barely had her period she got the symptoms monthly but never bled. She took it out and her periods are normal now.

P.s the rod has the littlest chance of pregnancy the reason why most people get it taken out is because it messes with your periods so badly it's very very common to bleed for a while and suddenly stop so try not to worry x

Oh 2 years!! Cant help you on that one then lol xx

Latest posts

Back