Pregnant woman and acrylics ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwona

Reaction score
HI geeks

I have a question and this is very important for me.
I'm nail technician and I work in nail salon only 3 days a week. Recently I realized I'm pregnant and I really don't know what to do now. Could you tell me
whether working in nail salon is safe.I do liquid and powder and I thing this system is very smelly.
What should I do ??????

it should be perfectly safe although the smell may make you feel a bit sick.

The papers reported that it was unsafe for pregnant women but this was scaremongering. Make sure your not overexposing yourself and are using a decent ventilation system and you should be fine.

If in doubt still, search on here for pregnant woman there is lots of information.

Iwona said:
HI geeks

I have a question and this is very important for me.
I'm nail technician and I work in nail salon only 3 days a week. Recently I realized I'm pregnant and I really don't know what to do now. Could you tell me
whether working in nail salon is safe.I do liquid and powder and I thing this system is very smelly.
What should I do ??????
Hi, I worked the whole 10 months with my baby girl and she is fine. I asked my doctor and she told me that it would be ok. I was in the shop sometimes 5-6 days a week. She came out with all limbs in tact. :lol: Just be sure to use your mask. Although I did not. :smack: But that will keep down on the fumes if you are super concerned. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Chanda

I worked throughout my pregnancy, and my little girl is absolutely fine. I had really bad pregnancy sickness and found that the smell of the monomer settled my stomach (not saying you should go around snifffing it though!!!!!)

Strange but true!

jo! said:
I worked throughout my pregnancy, and my little girl is absolutely fine. I had really bad pregnancy sickness and found that the smell of the monomer settled my stomach (not saying you should go around snifffing it though!!!!!)

Strange but true!

THANK YOU !!! girls for advice.
What a relief to hear that this system is safe for me and baby.
I really hope everything will be OK.
I'm soooo excited this is my first time.
Many thanks

Congratulations Iwona!

I remember being pregnant for the first time and how exciting it all was. As the other girls have said make sure you have good ventilation / extraction, it is advisable to wear a mask and also to look after your posture! Sitting in one place for too long as the time goes on can get very uncomfortable! Make sure you get up and move about from between clients.

Best wishes to you hon....

Mandy

All nail products are safe to use.
All nail products are perfectly safe to use during pregnancy.
In over 25 years, there has never been a link between pregnancy disorders and working with nail products.
Follow your manufacturer's instructions re extraction ventilation and put all your health & safety knowledge to good use always.
Congratulations!!

Latest posts

Back