Pregnant women's taste buds and the grief it causes us men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I obviously missed out on a good trick there.. sending my man out to get something obscure in the middle of the night.. what am i saying.. he wouldnt be that stupid anyway..I had no weird cravings.. just went off coffee for a bit..

I have two beautiful children so I guess it was well worth it. Plus I have been with my partner for nearly 10years. All is well.

Were you not egg bound?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry, don't get it. :confused:

Eggs make you constipated! My dad calls it "egg bound"

Eggs make you constipated! My dad calls it "egg bound"

Do they? Not in this household they don't. I wouldn't eat them hard boiled though, even my scrambled eggs needs to be runny. Maybe that makes a difference.

Let's see. Beer, sauerkraut, smoked sausages. All 3 pregnancies. And no, hubby was never forced to go get any at ungodly hours as we were always stocked. I craved beer soooo badly and thought of not being allowed to drink it made me insane and crave it even more

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Never send the OH out in middle of the night, he'd have told me to bog off anyway! Meany

No weird cravings for me either, well nothing that's not already food lol. With my daughter from about 12-20 weeks I couldn't stand the smell of bacon or sausages being cooked. Made me feel so sick. At around 34 weeks I craved peas. I needed them it was uncontrollable so I cooked a pot of them and sat eating them in front of the tele like it was popcorn lol. Only happened the once. I must have needed the vitamins or something.

With my second pregnancy (my son) from 8 weeks it was tinned peaches that were really cold from being in the fridge or ice pops. Couldn't get enough of them. With him it was beef that made me feel sick. My OH really wasn't impressed. I banned it from the house, even if he cooked it with all windows open then sprayed the house I could still smell it lol.

Steph xx

I had it when I was a baby too till I was about 6. I used to eat paper- reciepts, newpaper, labels, toilet roll.. and cotton- I once ate a whole reel of cotton without chewing it- like spaghetti- came out exactly the way it went in and dad had to aid it's reappearance, he kept pulling and pulling and was wrapping it round his arm for about 10 mins!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)

I also ate all the woodchip off the walls- no big loss.

I thought you were odd, you've just confirmed my suspicion. ...ha.

I'll admit it. I had a thing for McDonald's ice cream and played heavily on it. However, I was caught out when it carried on for quite a few years afterwards.

Pregnancy was easy. The 18 years after haven't been so!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Let's see. Beer, sauerkraut, smoked sausages. All 3 pregnancies. And no, hubby was never forced to go get any at ungodly hours as we were always stocked. I craved beer soooo badly and thought of not being allowed to drink it made me insane and crave it even more

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

You should have moved to Germany!

Chicken pakora dipped in Nutella. Man, it was good!

Latest posts

Back