Pregnant women's taste buds and the grief it causes us men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
ok so as there are so many food related threads currently running its time to raise the bar a tad :twisted:

What is it that causes a pregnant woman's taste buds to become all twisted and to cause her to send her man out into the night in search of something weird and wonderful that she needs simply to satisfy here strange craving

More interesting is what is the weirdest thing that you have craved for whilst carrying child and .......be honest now........ did any of you ladies "fake" a craving just to get back at your old man by sending him out at midnight for hours on end in search of your savoury fix simply because you blame him for putting you in your condition in the first place :eek::lol::lol:

All replies will be kept confidential and never used against you in the future :wink2:

Last edited:
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

What a good idea! Maybe I shall use that in the future hahaha x

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

mmm that is rather a coy ha ha ha and I wager holds a dark deep secrete behind it that your just dying to get out of your system ....so come on missus ....spill the beans :wink2:

did you send him out on a wild goose chase to obtain an egg noodle sandwich covered in peanut butter and hot chilli sauce and smarties or what ????

Pregnant and grief it causes men in the same sentence?

I thought you were joking, Collin. :wink2:

Pregnant and grief it causes men in the same sentence?

I thought you were joking, Collin. :wink2:

lol maybe ...but none the less...come on let that dark secrete out...you will feel so much the better for it and getting it off your chest and finally out into the open ...better out than in than carrying it around inside you eating its way within you for eternity

were all professionals here so not easily shocked and being the good bunch we are we easily forgive and forget..well mostly :eek::lol::lol:

I craved dishwashing sponges. I would peel the scourer off and then cut it into rectangles and then chew on it till it went bitty. Ewww . I also always wanted to smell turps/ paint thinner.

My mum used to put nail polish round the lip of the bottle, let it dry and then bite it off and eat it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It is called Picca (I don't know if it is spelt that way). Basically your body craves a mineral so we try and find it. Plaster board and Cole are common because of the minerals. I craved something which my partner was more than happy to provide- very good gor heartburn too.

I had it when I was a baby too till I was about 6. I used to eat paper- reciepts, newpaper, labels, toilet roll.. and cotton- I once ate a whole reel of cotton without chewing it- like spaghetti- came out exactly the way it went in and dad had to aid it's reappearance, he kept pulling and pulling and was wrapping it round his arm for about 10 mins!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)

I also ate all the woodchip off the walls- no big loss.

Ive had no weird cravings with this pregnancy, or any of the others actually xx

The smell of the hoover, used to make my mouth water and i really had to fight the urge to take out the filter so i could chew it, yak!!! It happened in both pregnancies xx

My really big thing when I was pregnant was the noise of people eating. It made me physically violent!

The smell of the hoover, used to make my mouth water and i really had to fight the urge to take out the filter so i could chew it, yak!!! It happened in both pregnancies xx

yikes that's beyond scary..... and why the heck didn't you learn after the first one :eek::lol::lol:

makes me wonder what the reaction would have been if you had a Dyson rather than a hoover (no filter and all ) :wink2::biggrin:

Haha i know it is gross xx

Haha i know it is gross xx

amen to that missus :eek::eek::hug:

is there likely to be a third attempt to savour the delights of the good old hoover in the future :wink2:

Or is enough enough all ready :lol::lol:

Reading those makes me feel positively normal!

Eggs. 2 for breakfast, three for lunch and I could have eaten another 4 for dinner.
Then after a couple of months, I only eat green apples. Couldn't eat enough of them.
For the last two and a half months, I only eat natural, plain jogurt. 4 - 6 small pots at a go. I remember being at a bbq with all that lovely food on the grill and all I ate was jogurt.

The only thing I couldn't do whilst pregnant was to touch raw meat. I usually have no problems with that at all.

Oh, and under no circumstances would my husband have left the house at any hour to buy me anything I craved. It's a wonder he thought to be present at the birth. Fortunately, he is now my ex.

Reading those makes me feel positively normal!

Eggs. 2 for breakfast, three for lunch and I could have eaten another 4 for dinner..

and this is "positively normal ":eek:

I just new there was a deep hidden secrete behind your initial he he he posting at the beginning of this thread.:wink2:..chicken or duck eggs was it ?
:lol::lol:

kidding aside...sorry to hear that at the end of all this that he is an "x" now...not so good :hug:

kidding aside...sorry to hear that at the end of all this that he is an "x" now...not so good :hug:

I have two beautiful children so I guess it was well worth it. Plus I have been with my partner for nearly 10years. All is well.

I have two beautiful children so I guess it was well worth it. Plus I have been with my partner for nearly 10years. All is well.

fantastic )))))

With my first daughter I craved hot dog sausages - straight from the tin! I also used to drink the brine from the tin too! I shudder now at the thought of it, but I would get through 2-3 tins a day!

With daughter number two I used to chomp on ice, constantly from about 20 weeks till birth! And I remember my husband coming home from work one day, it the very late stages, to find me a blubbering wreck on the kitchen floor because I had forgot to freeze more ice cubes!

Luckily my children seem to have suffered no ill effects from my cravings!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back