Previous workplace stealing hair photos!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorna_

Reaction score
Hello!
So a salon I used to work for (about a year ago) has been using my own hair photos on their new Instagram.

Their new junior must have made a new Instagram and she’s posting my old work like it’s new and recent (and that they’ve done it!)

Is this bad or am I being petty? And is there something I can do?

Were you employed or self employed when you worked there?

If you were employed, the work you produced is ‘owned’ by your employer (hair styles and photographs of the hairstyles) so they can do what they like with the pictures and in contrast, you can only use the photographs with their permission.

This isn’t about copyright law but intellectual property law.

If you were self employed, you own your own work and can ask them to stop using it.

So they can promote balayages and colours that they don’t/can’t do through my work :confused: that’s mental

Salons that I have never even heard of do this to me all the time [emoji23] I’d comment ‘thank you for sharing my work’ and they will soon stop x

Salons that I have never even heard of do this to me all the time [emoji23] I’d comment ‘thank you for sharing my work’ and they will soon stop x
Love this :D

So they can promote balayages and colours that they don’t/can’t do through my work :confused: that’s mental

If they’re advertising services that they are unable to deliver, then it’s up to the clients who have been duped to sue them for breach of contract.

Latest posts

Back