Price increase...need your opinions a.s.a.p!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think even with the increase your prices are very reasonalble hun, .....sometimes as hairdressers we tend to think of our clients as friends too, and there in lies the problem, no one wants to charge a 'friend' more....but like one of the guys said if anyone doesnt like the price change they can try and find someone else cheaper but I bet they will come back to you because they like your work :)...after all it is your living, how many other industries freeze their prices for years n years ?..good luck im sure u wont loose anyone ..xx

You are exactly right, i actualy do think of everyone as a friend! I think its because i'm in their homes as opposed to a salon. I've put my business head on now though, i think i just needed everyone on here to back me up!!! Thank god for salongeek eh!lol:)x

ahh i see , well then i would deffo stick with the increase xx

How about softening the blow to your clients with an 'incentive' to book their next service at the increased rate.

Come to some arrangement with your wholesaler ... buy a batch of recognised hair products (shampoo, conditioner etc) at discount (less than £5 ea inc VAT) with RRP around £10 and throw it in with your clients VERY FIRST service after price increase.

This way clients will get something EXTRA for the extra £10 cost and (maybe) come to terms with handing over the EXTRA £10 on a regular basis. If your clients like the product you could offer to 'get it for them at cost price' on future ocassions????

Latest posts

Back