Price increase

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theden

Reaction score
Hey guys so I opened my salon coming up 3 years ago this year I started off with offers galore and constant flyer drops and advertisements and gradually been lputting my prices up and its been a nightmare lost alot of clients !! I so wish I started with higher prices and not sold my self out for the sake of gaining clients who are only interested in a cheap deal.

So I was just wondering how you done it and how did your clients react to a price increase
?? X

Been open a year, did a deal with cut and blow for £12 for 3 months then normal prices, I just put colours up by £4/£5 and cut & finish £2 no moaning! X

I done a £20 cut and finish when I opened now theres more staff at different levels cut and blow is from 18-30 x

That must be soul destroying !
We increase ours every couple of years , only by a couple of pounds, we warn clients before hand , just say that retail etc etc has increased so we have to increase our prices accordingly too. Because they are prewarned we havent had a problem , you will always get some who complain of course , but thats their problem not ours ;-) .
Would you say you increased by lots ? , we have a loyalty card system , every time a client spends £10 whether it be on hair or beauty they get a stamp on their card with ten boxes , once filled which doesnt take long , they get 10% off , it works out they get 10% off quite abit , this seems to please clients , its better than a smack in the eye ;-).

That must be soul destroying !
We increase ours every couple of years , only by a couple of pounds, we warn clients before hand , just say that retail etc etc has increased so we have to increase our prices accordingly too. Because they are prewarned we havent had a problem , you will always get some who complain of course , but thats their problem not ours ;-) .
Would you say you increased by lots ? , we have a loyalty card system , every time a client spends £10 whether it be on hair or beauty they get a stamp on their card with ten boxes , once filled which doesnt take long , they get 10% off , it works out they get 10% off quite abit , this seems to please clients , its better than a smack in the eye ;-).

Well we had an opening offer for 20 cut an finish now its 30 with mee x

When i left the salon i was in i had to lower the prices i was charging only by a couple of quid as the salon in renting in is not up to the standard of the last one :eek: but once i get my own place there will be a slight increase. i would never undersell myself as i know the quality of my work :cool:

Well we had an opening offer for 20 cut an finish now its 30 with mee x
ooooo thats quite a difference , your obviously really good at your job, and you dont want to under sell yourself of course, as i certainly wouldnt like to either , but unforts there is a recession and there isnt much money in peoples pots . A couple of my clients are going longer with their colours / hls , some are just having wet cuts . We colour clients partings to tie them over ( help their purses ) . If it were me i probably wouldnt have increased so much , sorry if im too honest. x

When my boss increased prices she ha a small sign at reception stating that from X date prices would be increase by X%.

That was done 3 months in advance. So existing clients know what's going on a newbies will too

ooooo thats quite a difference , your obviously really good at your job, and you dont want to under sell yourself of course, as i certainly wouldnt like to either , but unforts there is a recession and there isnt much money in peoples pots . A couple of my clients are going longer with their colours / hls , some are just having wet cuts . We colour clients partings to tie them over ( help their purses ) . If it were me i probably wouldnt have increased so much , sorry if im too honest. x

I understand but the few that have said anything ive explained obviously now weve revamped the salon added more high end product lines and invested in training the price increase isnt to line my pockets its just the cost of running has increased x

I understand but the few that have said anything ive explained obviously now weve revamped the salon added more high end product lines and invested in training the price increase isnt to line my pockets its just the cost of running has increased x

Maybe if people are moaning it's because they feel they are paying for the revamp and not the stylists skill? X

When my boss increased prices she ha a small sign at reception stating that from X date prices would be increase by X%.

That was done 3 months in advance. So existing clients know what's going on a newbies will too

It is illegal to display a % increase if you don't put then up exactly to the penny, just as an FYI :) so I state there will be a nominal price increase x

Maybe if people are moaning it's because they feel they are paying for the revamp and not the stylists skill? X

But its not like I massively overhauled the salon lol it had a lick of paint and a few bits n bobs........forgot to mention aswell I introduced a vip scheme were my regulars if they book there next appointment within 6 weeks they get 10% off.

And the 20pound cut and finish was only on for a month then it went to full price which was 24 so my regulars only normally pay 27 now so its not a massive jump x

It is illegal to display a % increase if you don't put then up exactly to the penny, just as an FYI :) so I state there will be a nominal price increase x

% was an example

But its not like I massively overhauled the salon lol it had a lick of paint and a few bits n bobs........forgot to mention aswell I introduced a vip scheme were my regulars if they book there next appointment within 6 weeks they get 10% off.

And the 20pound cut and finish was only on for a month then it went to full price which was 24 so my regulars only normally pay 27 now so its not a massive jump x

I know this and you know this, that's why I put my prices up Then having my new bits :) looking from a clients view Hun x

I know this and you know this, that's why I put my prices up Then having my new bits :) looking from a clients view Hun x

Shocking really isnt it I havnt trained as hard as I have for nothing I remember working in a previous salon and charging 52 for a cut and finish !! Now I struggle to charge 30 stupid recession !!

Shocking really isnt it I havnt trained as hard as I have for nothing I remember working in a previous salon and charging 52 for a cut and finish !! Now I struggle to charge 30 stupid recession !!

Oh yes! Isn't it! I'm braking my back to take a decent amount every week, hopefully will prove good soon :) x

I charge £29 for a cut & finish & seem not to have a problem

I charge £29 for a cut & finish & seem not to have a problem

Haha I live in Middlesbrough sweetie its practically the ghetto !!! X

Our prices go up every year or so by a few pounds. I put a sign up at least 8 weeks before we do this warning clients that due to increasing costs we are foreced to increase our prices by a small amount, so as not to compromise the high standards they have come to expect from us.
Very occasionally a client will say something, but if you offer loyalty schemes, its rarely a problem.
Rule of thumb - warn clients, be clear about dates and amounts, justify as to why by telling them you wont compromise your high standards, and DONT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!
xxx

Our prices go up every year or so by a few pounds. I put a sign up at least 8 weeks before we do this warning clients that due to increasing costs we are foreced to increase our prices by a small amount, so as not to compromise the high standards they have come to expect from us.
Very occasionally a client will say something, but if you offer loyalty schemes, its rarely a problem.
Rule of thumb - warn clients, be clear about dates and amounts, justify as to why by telling them you wont compromise your high standards, and DONT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!
xxx

Thanks jojo I did put a sign up 2 months before stating the date and amount of increase x

Latest posts

Back