Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazac

Reaction score
I have always worked in salon, but done homers as side line I did charge a fair price but always knew could charge more... I recently got made to leave my job so be doing mobile but now have opportunity to rent a room and nail station with hairdresser I worked with In my old salon she is opening a shop.

The thing im worried about is im im obviously going to have put my prices up I want to compete with salons In my area I feel if was too cheap people wont think good quality. Clients have said they will come to shop but iv not yet told them bout increase in my price and scared ill lose clients, another big thing is my close friends I think they are going to expect it still cheap how would you deal with this xx

You'll just have to sit close friends / family down And tell them you've got rent to pay now and you need to replace and expand products/equipment so you need them to pay that little bit more the only person I don't charge is my nan because I try new things on her and Im only as good as I am now as she let me practice on her. Your building a road for your own back of you let them off as they then start expecting it theres a few other people in my family that I just charge £15 rather than £22-£28 which they appreciate. As for your clients, it sounds harsh but if there worth keeping theyll stay with an increase of prices . Nice nails ain't cheap afterall xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

If you were in a corner shop they would lave to pay so why not when your in a salon?
As for clients I agree with above, if they don't like that your no longer below average price then tough.
I built up a lot of regulars while training, I charged minimal due to lack of qualification/experience. I charged the same for a year. As soon as I uped the price they complained. I had to tell them I was no longer a trainee and had to make a wage somehow just like they do in work and £5 for almost everything was not doing it for me. Be tough xoxo

Latest posts

Back