Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naiz28

Reaction score
I have just finished college and I'm looking at going self employed. I am currently using the edge products. Gel, acrylic and fiberglass (although I probably won't u fiberglass) when this product runs out I'd like to change to a better product ...suggestions appreciated :)
any way my question is what sort of prices do I charge my clients now and then when I change my product?

Also looking at getting some decent nail polish or gel and tips or points in the right direction would be great

Thanks X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is some I have done they are gel. They aren't amazing I know X

Attachments

• 1420024227034.jpg
    1420024227034.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 278
  • 1420024241940.jpg
    1420024241940.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 264
There is nothing wrong with the nails you have posted pics of. Love the first set with snowflakes. I made the mistake of being in experienced and desperate just to get clients initially I underpriced myself way too much and have made a rod for my own back because once you've done that it's hard to increase your prices. Try and be objective, what would YOU pay? Consider your time, petrol etc if your mobile, product costs and insurance not to mention the costs of your training and further training to keep your skills updated. As to what are the best products? That is a personal thing, some swear by a certain brand that others can't get on with. I have read so many threads on here and there is no particular product that everyone unanimously thinks is the best. Try something, persevere with it and if you or your clients don't get on with it, try something else. Personally I use opi though did have issues with the gelcolor on some clients. Am using gel II for about 3 months and all is good. Wishing you all the best whatever you choose though.

Thank you for replying, what sort of prices should I be looking at charging? I'm gonna be mobile x

Im doing mobile. I do gelish for £20 and acrylics for £28!

Before you do anything please read this book by Tina Alberino "This Ugly Beauty Business". Available in e-book format too.
Google her and she has an awesome, awesome blog. You can learn a LOT!!

Don't just come up with prices out of the blue!
They have to be based on many important things, surely you cannot base your prices based on someone else's prices.

Research the area you are working in/ around, see what your competitors are offering with regards to products, experience and prices. It will be no good to you to pick a price from others geeks as we are all over and prices differ greatly north to South, city centre to suburbs. You'll also need to choose your products before setting prices, so you'll need to work out your break down of service cost. Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back