Pricing for photoshoot makeup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

facelashbrow

Reaction score
Hi all
I have been looking through the pricing threads and I just wanted some opinions.

I work with a photographer, and I charge between 25 and 45 for occasion makeup or makeup for an individual on a shoot. I've been asked to put pricing together for a session which we will be running which is for 3hours and will be 6 girls. So the makeup sessions will be much quicker etc, about 15 mins per girl.

I worked out hourly rate, plus a set fee for costs per person and then added 20% on top for tax. Now, hub thinks I should be adding 20% on before costs, and a friend thinks tax should come out of my hourly rate, like it would if you were PAYE. Overall, for this session, my figure is £108. It's a lot lower per girl than if they were individual shoots.

What do you think?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I think it's a bit on the low side but it all depend on your experience etc.

I would round it up or down to the nearest tenner.

Generally i quote for a half day or a full day rate when doing photoshoots.

Ie for 4 hours it is x
and for 8 hours it is x

I think it's really important to do it this way because sometimes you can be taken for a ride by photographers or models.

You'll end up doing 4 or 5 looks for a model by "just changing the lip colour" or "just adding a little more eyeshadow" and before you know it your there all day with nothing to show for it.

Models can also turn up late so make sure you state a start time. This happened to me before, i quoted them a half day rate as it was only for 2 models i was there and set up for 10am ( as agreed) the models strolled in 4 hours later with mcdonalds drinks in there hands and a full face of make up on each... so wasn't finished the job until 6pm and only got a half days pay for it , lesson learned the hard way !! haha

Latest posts

Back