Pricing help for Gel II clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire pegg

Reaction score
Hi
I wondered if anyone could suggest a price for a 6 children and 3 adults to have gell 11 polish, they will be all at one home and the lady wants me to some kind of offer. This is my first set of gel polish clients. I'm sure she will be trying to get the best price and I don't want to lose the party but also I don't want to not make any profit I'm going to be doing them all in one day. I have to email a price asap any help would be much appreciated xx

Hi

I wondered if anyone could suggest a price for a 6 children and 3 adults to have gell 11 polish, they will be all at one home and the lady wants me to some kind of offer. This is my first set of gel polish clients. I'm sure she will be trying to get the best price and I don't want to lose the party but also I don't want to not make any profit I'm going to be doing them all in one day. I have to email a price asap any help would be much appreciated xx

I would take a small percentage off what you usually charge but I wouldn't discount by too much. I have never done a booking that large on my own and if I did it would be a lot of work to do by yourself especially as it is your first gel clients you will be with them for a number of hours not being able to attend any other appointments.

I don't perform gel manicures on children (not sure how old they are) but I think it would take me longer than an adult especially if they can't keep still so take your timings into account with the pricing as well x

Check your insurance for working on children. I would only do a polish on them. I would do a 15/16 year old with parent present and a consent form signed as my insurance covers this. But gel polish isn't meant to be used on children as their nails are very different to adults. I hope this helps. With pricing I would offer a 10% discount no more x

Thank you for that I will contact my insurance with regards to the children I think the age range is 13 to 15. Could I ask why a child's nail is not suitable for gel polish ... I never thought of asking that in my training . Xx

There's a thread on here somewhere about it, explaining the scientific reasons much better than I could lol. Their nail plates are different from an adults nails meaning that the products don't work properly on them and children shouldn't be exposed to too many chemicals and we use a lot in a gel manicure like Cuticle Away, Scrub Fresh, DSperse, Acetone etc. plus children don't tend to look after them properly, they pick at them etc causing damage to their nail plates ;) I can't share links from my phone but if you do a search I'm sure they'll come up ;) x

Thank you ClaireP x

Latest posts

Back