Pricing structure for mobile to bring cheaper treatments and cut time and travel cost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs

Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to offer cheaper treatments to clients, cut down on travel costs and less time packing up and unpacking. Do you think this example could work? I have other treatments which I would apply in a similar way.

IBX & Vinylux
1 person £20
2 persons (per person) £17
3 persons (per person) £15

Minimum 2 persons
IBX (per person) £10
Vinylux (per person) £10

I was thinking of saying something like this on my flyers

My pricing structure encourages you to get together with your loved ones or friends for a bit of a nail do! This is in order that YOU don't miss out on revolutionary treatments in the luxury of your home due to travel justification costs.

Do you see problems with this that I maybe missing?

Thanks xx

I can see your logic & way of thinking but you are giving a 25% discount when you have 3 or more people, that's a considerable amount!! Yet it's still your time/skill/product!! Have you thought about this long-term e.g how long are you going to run this offer for? What will happen to your clients who like a bargain, when you start charging your normal fee? You could consider a reward scheme perhaps instead!? X

I often do 2 or more people in one place but I still charge my price per person regardless. Its a bonus for me that they are in one place but im not losing money and profit because of it. My prices are my prices. Its a business & its my income :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

That is exactly why I asked to make sure i don't make a mistake at the start. There is someone in my area that gives 25% discount for group treatments...many thanks for taking the time xx

I will knock £5 max off multiple treatments for 1 person spending over £50, I figure it saves my fuel going back to do their other treatment another day.

If more than one person, 10% knocked off each sounds better than £2.70 off ;)

Xx

You'd be better, if you're wanting to offer a discount, just giving it to the 'host' or encourage multiple treatments per person rather than extra people?

When I worked mobile I charged for fuel/travel time - it obviously didn't cover the cost but it meant that they were getting that knocked off the treatments were at one house, personally I don't think you should discount your treatments.

I have taken your thoughts on board and will give less reduction...but...the way I see it...if you do 3 treatments at £16 instead of the normal £20 at the same time...i have saved 2 lots of fuel on separate visits and time setting and packing up...I may have gained a client as one client may encourage another to get the cheaper option....if I offer £10 treatments for minimum 2 persons this could increase client base as I could not do this for 1 person due to fuel costs...doesn't this make sense? xx

I have taken your thoughts on board and will give less reduction...but...the way I see it...if you do 3 treatments at £16 instead of the normal £20 at the same time...i have saved 2 lots of fuel on separate visits and time setting and packing up...I may have gained a client as one client may encourage another to get the cheaper option....if I offer £10 treatments for minimum 2 persons this could increase client base as I could not do this for 1 person due to fuel costs...doesn't this make sense? xx
Do you not charge for your travel though?

You've lost £8 before you've even started, it's a lot of a loss is that.. :|

I cant talk for other mobile nail techs, but unless its a special event like a wedding its unlikely Id get 3 people plus at one nail appointment.

2 people, yes happens fairly often.

But if you do get 3 people, ideally just discount (max fuel saving)
I dont see any harm in passing on your saving but you wont want to do yourself out of money (im thinking long term here, I started out at £20 per set of gel Im now charging £27.50 as I really didnt account for my expenses & wanting to leave my home at 6pm to do nails! & Its so hard to raise your prices)

If you'd paid £15 for nails, you prob wont want to pay £20 at your next appointment if your friends aren't available?

Passing a discount to the host (I do this with tanning parties) gives the host a thank you for allowing me to work in your space, whilst entertaining everyone for me, & the incentive to organise it all for you.

The up sell you can do is toes, a package, pedi etc. works just as well as trying to get 2 people.

Its your business, you can do buy one get one free if you wished. We aren't here to tell you what to do, just here to advise from our own experiences.

Xx

Others in my area have similar prices and no mention of any other charge? How can I build up clients if I add much more? I would rather work for myself and do what i love for minimum wage. I am talking Devon here...no where near a motorway...plenty of rich farmers...and old peoples homes...not a high income area at all...this is why I want to do IBX on it's own and Vinylux on it's own...all your comments set my mind racing....thanks for that....keep them coming so I get it right by Xmas xx

Just want to say thank you to you all...you see...it makes sense in my head until someone points problems out...which is exactly what you are doing and what I need....I already know I have to ditch the 3 people idea as your right...it's unlikely....i will work on the 2 treatment idea instead...I really appreciate you sharing your ideas and experiences...hugs to you all xx

If you're worried as you're trying to build a clientele then do it as 'an offer price', not something you keep long term.. that way they know that it's going to be more in the near future :)

Then, on top of that, introduce a loyalty card to keep them coming back.. x

Latest posts

Back