Pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamourboutique

Reaction score
So I have a small room at home I've converted for nails an it's coming together slowly. Even tho I have leaflets tell clients an have a price list pinned to my wall is it deemed "tacky" to have funky tags up with prices. Example near my glitter display stating added glitter £3.00 as clients are expecting all the added extras as all in. I'm cheap enough as it is bit I clearly state prices. An I order by glitters etc from s2 so I'm not using cheap crap (sorry). Comments appreciated lol xxx

Anybody 😟

At the point of discussing with the client what design they would like you could mention the price to them then. If they question it explain why it will cost more and then it's up to them if they proceed. I get this a lot with L&P clients who want glitter. I tell then I think it will look beautiful but there is an extra cost involved and tell them exactly how much, so far there's been no complaints.
Good luck!

Thank you Hun it's a tough one as I tell before but they still question it I charge 15 for a one colour shellac manicure is that really expensive as I don't think it is x

Thank you Hun it's a tough one as I tell before but they still question it I charge 15 for a one colour shellac manicure is that really expensive as I don't think it is x

Most places I've been to in my home town (Birmingham) Shellac prices are £22-£25 then added extras are a charge on top.

xProjectPrettyx

I'm struggling to get people in I start at £15.00 an charge extra for layering additives. Glitters it's tough as don't want to be tacky I establish what they want before give them a price I even send them a price list or refer them to my Facebook business page but it's still questioned :(

I'm struggling to get people in I start at £15.00 an charge extra for layering additives. Glitters it's tough as don't want to be tacky I establish what they want before give them a price I even send them a price list or refer them to my Facebook business page but it's still questioned :(

Do you know with cheaper pricing you attract the bargain hunter clients? Cheaper prices does put some people off, they wonder what corners you are cutting to be so cheap.

Id expect at £15 you were practising, or not using CND by your post Id be wrongly making those assumptions.

If you are starting out id have it clearly stated 'introductory offer of x amount' then at their first appointment give them a price list...
Shellac x amount
Add glitter x amount
Add nail art x amount.
Removal x amount.

Don't sell yourself too cheap, you'd be much better offering a loyalty scheme on their 5th/6th appointment a % discount.

The minimum id expect to pay for shellac would be £20... If you wanted to add free removal id charge £25 per set.

As said above around £22-30 are what is available near me.

Have you checked out local salons to see what they charge?

Xx

Yes been to local salons an sat an looked at there leaflets there are soooooo many nail bars near where I am an shellac or gelish is an average between 15.00 - 20.00. I'm always offering it as an offer I only use shellac don't use any other gel polish. I'm even offering brisa smoothing gel as an added extra but so many people would rather go to nss an get so called gel for £8.00. It's just so hard but I've come so far an spent so much on reputable training and products I won't be beaten 😄💅🍸🎉

I suppose if you price low, you're going to attract those that want a bargain (which is fine, some people make solid businesses out of that). But I guess by the very nature of these people, they're going to question the price, because they just want it as cheap as possible.

What I'm saying is that I don't think it's anything you're saying/not saying, it's just the customers you're attracting...if you get what I mean? X

It's so tough as I'm trying to educate the people that do come but they always never seem to listen shellac to them is nt good enough lol they want nails that are un removable no matter what. I have a lot of Xmas packages at the mo so perhaps once Xmas is out of the way I ll go to normal prices and increase them to see how I go :(

It's so tough as I'm trying to educate the people that do come but they always never seem to listen shellac to them is nt good enough lol they want nails that are un removable no matter what. I have a lot of Xmas packages at the mo so perhaps once Xmas is out of the way I ll go to normal prices and increase them to see how I go :(

I do understand where you are coming from but really your target market is not those you are attracting with your prices.

You shouldn't be competing with NSS, you should aim to be competing with higher end salons, providing a luxury service/experience for those who do care about their nails.

For me, I was aiming to target people my own age... Which was wrong people my age (27) and under rarely have much of a disposable income, people like my Mum & Aunties who are older, have good jobs, houses, are more financially secure. Most of my ladies are mid thirties plus. Who like a good pamper not to be rushed in & out for a cheap set of nails.

I have no offers on for xmas, its a busy time of year I don't think I should work for less. Ok a package tempts clients to try new services, which I agree with, but I'm not sure if you are discounting lets say shellac any further its not great for you, the service, or the brand.

If you don't already, offer clients a nice drink, to drink whilst you complete their consultation & pick their colour, have a lovely room/environment maybe with flowers or scented candles, relaxing music in the back ground, finish with a nice hand massage little extras that make the appointment memorable & feel more like a treatment. Charge the higher end of the shellac charges but include free removal.

Just my thoughts.

Xx

Latest posts

Back