pricing!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
With holiday season coming things are picking up. There are a couple of other nail techs in my area both only do clear/white tips with clear powder.
They both charge £26 for white tips and £27 for clear.And both use star nails.

I myself now use Creative products and want to up my prices slightly i have pre-warned present clients. Trouble is because these ladies dont do P&W it is hard to price mine up, they do french but only using the white tips but of course clients dont appreciate the difference between p&W Powders and the white tips.

Been doing my new leaflets but dont think it is very clear still.....

Acrylic clear pink/white or glitter
full set £28 £32
maintenance £14 £18
Individual tip £2.50 £3
think clients will see the p/w or glitter and think that i am just using tips.

Also these other techs i mentioned dont do backfills which is strange coz cant see what they do when the white tips grow up.
Help also not sure on my pricing ????
Please help

Could you just shout your services up a bit. ie I use Creative the no. ! selling brand in the UK - I use the best to give you the best nails in town. I prefer not to use French white tips as these tend to make the nails look very unbalanced and too top heavy with the white. I use a clear / natural tip and use white and pink l&p acrylic to create the optimum French look... and guess what your lovely set of nails don't need removing unless you want them removed(reducing any added stresses to the nails), we can just rebalance the white when it grows forward. ............ or something along those lines. You use a topnotch product and pay a premium for it, so should your clients, but let them know you provide the BEST! HTH

Prices are subject to geographical location - they seem very cheap for this neck of the woods, but you do still have to be competitive.

i have moved from south to north
i rang up every nail salon and the prices range from 35-18 pounds i settled on charging 28 pounds.........i work from home and across the road a sunbed shop does opi nails at 18 pounds, before moving here my sisiter in law had quite a few sets done by them.
they lasted no more than a week and when she went back because she had bad lifting they used cuticle nippers to cut away the lifting.
i put her first set on with me five weeks ago she couldnt get over how different they where applied.(they are still going strong after one infill and one rebalance)
all i kept hearing from her was they didnt do that.......they didnt do this.
i do pink and whites they just do naturals with a french polish on top.
i was initially worried by their prices.
but my husband says that if people pay 18 pounds for nails to last a couple of days or 28 pounds for nails that last.............
people will come around to this.
personally if people are paying 27 pounds for a sub standard service it isnt unreasonable to charge 32 pounds for an above standard service its on five pounds extra for a beautiful set of enhancements.
also if they can only do white tips and clear (then the poor client probably has to soak their nails off every 6 weeks.
and you can explain that they dont need to do this with pink and whites which is a time saver for them

Latest posts

Back