Princess parties and Keeping them occupied.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolou

Reaction score
Hi,
Am doing my first princess party on saturday, told the mum that 6 would be an ideal number but she has come back to me and said that felt she could not miss out a few little girls so there will be 10 (they are all 8 yrs old). I am planning to do nails (either toes or fingers) with nail art flowers or diamonds etc, chocolate face mask, and glitter tattoo.
My worry is what do I do with the rest while I am working on one, thought I could split them into 2 groups but how will I keep the other group occupied.
How does everyone else cope? do you take a friend and then how much do I pay her? should I invest in something for them to do without using their hands? any ideas most welcome. Am starting to think I might still be there at midnight.
Thanks

I done a kids pamper party once, I dont think I would do it again. Worked out it would take me 2 and a half hours. 4 hours later I was still there. As when there was a certain game all the girls wanted to be involved, then present opening, food and cake! So you would need to take all this into account also! As thats still eating into your time!

Am starting to panic now, think may need to get plenty of wine in the fridge ready for when I get back.

When I did a children's party the mother entertained the children I wasn't 'working' on. I did four children at a time and had a bit of a conveyer belt going. I worked really fast so that the four children I worked on were too busy giggling at each other to get bored. You really do need to be quick - I literally did left hand on each, right hand on each, face mask, tattoo and then facemask off. Have to say I don't do parties anymore as they're really hard work. Saying that, the pamper evenings for grown ups were worse as they used to just get drunk!

Enjoy your wine when you get home!

I do princess parties and charge a set rate for such event. I then offer polish with nail art, hand and arm massage and mini make-up ie blusher, lipstick, eyeshadow and glitter. It works well and I love doing them. I offer masterclasses for older girls and this goes down brilliantly as they just love the fact that they are learning about something they are really interested in.

When I do princess parties, it's nails only. Minimum of 6 kids, but have handled as many as 14.

I do them in groups of 6 at the table, steps like this:
  1. First all 6 line up in the ladies room to use the edible sugar scrub to exfoliate (which they all love sniffing and having a taste of), then learn how to wash hands properly and use a nail brush.
  2. Then they soak in the manicure bowls with 'fizzies' fizzying away (they love that, I lie and tell them it makes their nails grow to make them keep their hands in the bowls HAHAHA)
  3. Collect the bowls and dry hands
  4. Start at position #1 and cuticle tidy/file/base coat and she lays her hands flat while I move on to the rest of the 6, going around the table clockwise.
  5. Then follow with colour (go around the table)
  6. Then follow with hand painted art or stickers (around the table)
  7. Then topcoat & speed-dry spray OR use LUMOS (awesome stuff!!!)
By going round robin, no one gets too bored waiting for the others and the 'coats' dry well in between. The whole time I'm going around the table, I talk silly, tell stories, teach them about nails etc... to keep them occupied while sitting. I also encourage them to "act like princesses" and that "princesses sit like this" and "princesses don't do that" etc.....

IF it's a party of more than 8, I hire an assistant.
She will do one of the following:
A) face paint the other half of the group while I attend to the first half B) occupy them at another table doing their own nail art on pictures of hands with nails with crayons and stickers OR decorating tips on sticks with cheapie stuff (paints, polish pens and glitters from flea-bay) depending on the age group.

Pay according to the wages in your community and the time alloted for the party. My assistant earns minimum wage per hour, plus tips depending on whether the Mom tips me. Assistant will help with set-up, attending to children, taking pictures throughout the party, & clean-up afterwards.

Most recently, at one of my big parties (12 kids), the mom handed me two envelopes of tips. One for me with 40$ and one for my assistant with $20.00. My BEST party yet!

hth's

Thank you so much everyone am calming down a little now. Have asked a friends daughter to help me, she's 19 and runs a local youth club, have negotiated minimum wage and her nails done in gels. She is delighted and I feel much happier. I have taken your advice and have 2 groups of five, I will do nails and she will do face masks and tattoos.
Great help VHunter, I now have it sorted in my own mind.
Thanks again
x

I do kids parties regular, just nail art tho on fingers and toes, always get mum to put a film or something on to keep them busy, put names in a pot then when first one has been she picks the next...I've done up to 12 and always fine, some are bit difficult than others but never a big problem! I have one under the nail dryer when start the next, I love doing them, youl do fine! Hope it goes well for you x

Can I ask how much you all charge as a set price? x
(sorry to jump in on the thread I hope it all goes well!) xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

For nail art (i take about 20 samples) I charge £6 per child for fingers or £10 for fingers and toes. If there are more than 8 children the birthday girl is free, hope this helps x

Thank you Beth :) x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Thank you so much everyone am calming down a little now. Have asked a friends daughter to help me, she's 19 and runs a local youth club, have negotiated minimum wage and her nails done in gels. She is delighted and I feel much happier. I have taken your advice and have 2 groups of five, I will do nails and she will do face masks and tattoos.
Great help VHunter, I now have it sorted in my own mind.
Thanks again
x

You're welcome and keep us posted!

Latest posts

Back