Princess parties pricing and party bags?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holistikat

Reaction score
Hi

Iv been asked by some of my regular clients to come their daughters birthdays and do a pamper party. Both girls are 9 and 10.

I had decided to charge £7.50 per head which would include

a mini manicure
a party bag (including business card/money off voucher!)
cupcakes
pass the parcel or non alcoholic bubbly (depending on age)

As they are regulars I have offered them a flat rate of £25 per hour and treatments include

mini mani
mini pedi
face mask

plus party bag

Both parents have chosen to pay a flat rate of £25 ph, one lady has booked me for 2 hours for 6 children, and 1 lady has booked me for 3 hours for 10 children.

Does this sound reasonable?

For party bags I thought about including

Temp tattoos
Business card/discount voucher
Hand crafted mini bath bombs/soaps (I have a small hand crafted bath and body care business, so this will be good promotion for that too)
Bobbles/Hair Slides
Nail Files

Does this sound ok?

Also where can I find some reasonably priced manicure/pedicure bowls?

I only have a few so will need to buy enough so they can all soak their hands at once rather than taking turns as Im planning to do a conveyor belt type system!

Iv offered to do my friends little girls 9th bday party as a test run, and will also be showing them how to make bath bombs. If that goes well it may be something I can offer at future parties.

Any advice would be great! TIA xx

Personally id just do a file and polish, that many kids would take far too long when you think about all the drying hands and feet. Party bags sound good to me!

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

I charge 7.50/child for shape and paint with a little nail art. £10 with a party bag but that's just a clear plastic bag filled with retro sweets. I'm afraid that I don't think you will make much profit on what you want to offer? Great for the kiddies tho x

I charge £8 for fingers or toes file & paint with nail art, £12 each for fingers & toes & they can add a party bag for £2 per child,

For the party bags I put in sweets, mini nail file & bobbles or hair clips.

Iv offered to do my friends little girls 9th bday party as a test run, and will also be showing them how to make bath bombs. If that goes well it may be something I can offer at future parties.

Any advice would be great! TIA xx

What a great idea - don't the bombs need quite a bit of time to set though?

Thanks for all your replies :) Its really helpful to have some other input.

I will make it clear that they are getting a special deal as they are regular clients, I know I wont be making a great profit but im hoping that ill get some more bookings when the other children take home their party bags with my cards in.

I do agree that foot soaking will be time consuming but I was thinking it would be a really nice touch to add glitter or petals, and their feet can be soaking whilst they choose what polish they would like or have a face mask on.

Thats a great point, the bombs will need time to set! Wont be a problem for my friends daughters birthday but i think for in future it would have to be a seperate party option as mixing with nails etc might be a bit too much!

Ill see how these partys go and then I will know more about what I can offer and for what price :) Ill probably keep the basic package I have, then offer mini mani + mini pedi and mask as a luxury package. And for the set price Im thinking £35 per hour, or 3 hours for £99.

Also I dont want`to take a huge choice of polishes etc with me, as i think it will be very time consuming. I was thinking of bring a couple of pink/lilac, a couple of glitters, and then something not too girly for any tom boys. And then just a few sheets of stickers to choose from.

Brilliant idea!

Bath salts will be much less messy too, and iv got some gorgoeous little bags they can put them in, and also means i can still use mini soaps or bombs to put in their party bags :)

Well thanks to your party bomb idea I googled how to make them and found the salts alternative - so now I have this in my party list too. I used to be a childminder so used to doing crafty bits with groups of kids - this really appeals to me for a party. (I have already added to the party section on my website)
x

Loved these ideas ladies! I'm thinking off adding this to my pricelist and this has been great to read :) xx

You might want to just double check with your insurance, as I know to sell my products I had to have a safety assessment for all my products (which I have). Im not sure if it would be the same for making them with the children.

Im sure it will be fine and I dont want to put a dampner on things, Id just hate for you to get in any bother over anything xxx

You might want to just double check with your insurance, as I know to sell my products I had to have a safety assessment for all my products (which I have). Im not sure if it would be the same for making them with the children.

Im sure it will be fine and I dont want to put a dampner on things, Id just hate for you to get in any bother over anything xxx

Good idea - though I think it would be covered as part of the public liability - if it was okay to do as a childminder I am sure it will be okay (but will still check).

Whats sweet ideas guys :)

I hope the party goes good sugar! You will have to let us know!

Thank you :)

Im really looking forward to them! Is that sad? LOL. Iv got 2 boys but I love choosing all the girly nail art bits, and party bagstuff, its a nice change to do something girly!

Hi, I have just done a party of four for a 10th birthday.

The Girls all had their hair curled and sprayed with glitter/neon etc

Glitter Make Up and a manicure and Polish of choice.

It was for 2 hrs and they all loved it.

I charged £10 a head and they all got a goodie bag which included a lip gloss and a nail art kit.

The birthday girl was given a Tiara and Sash to wear and keep and also got a picture frame with a picture in that I took at the end of the party (and then rushed to my printer and photo paper to do!!).

I really ummed and ahhhed over what to do and decided that to include food was more a birthday party, not a visit to a Beauty Salon. It was the right choice for me and I have had two further bookings from it.

The gifts themselves they thought were amazing and I got them from.......Poundland!!!!! Dont overspend on gifts or you will start to lose profit.

I really kept it simple in the end and I went over by 20 mins as it was!!

Hope this helps you xx
:hug:

Thanks Mrs T,

That reminded me, I recently did a pamper party for 10 year old's birthday for 6 girls. We started off with an ice breaker game (Kims game but with beauty related items) then I did treatments 1 to 1 while they did each others make up. Once their nails were done they played Sing Star on the Play Station and then it was time for tea. As take homes they had cake and each had a mini bottle of Orly (all the same colour so no arguments) and some stickers.

Attachments

• Cake.JPG
    Cake.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 449
Thanks Mrs T,

That reminded me, I recently did a pamper party for 10 year old's birthday for 6 girls. We started off with an ice breaker game (Kims game but with beauty related items) then I did treatments 1 to 1 while they did each others make up. Once their nails were done they played Sing Star on the Play Station and then it was time for tea. As take homes they had cake and each had a mini bottle of Orly (all the same colour so no arguments) and some stickers.

Hi, this may seem a stupid question but what is Kim's game? just sounds like a good idea to do a ice breaker and this as worked for you so I would be interested to know more. Also Orly mini's where do you get these from at a good price, I want to include some nail based products but all the mini vanishes cost a bit and will dig into profits?

Hi, this may seem a stupid question but what is Kim's game? just sounds like a good idea to do a ice breaker and this as worked for you so I would be interested to know more. Also Orly mini's where do you get these from at a good price, I want to include some nail based products but all the mini vanishes cost a bit and will dig into profits?

Its a game played by scouts and guides. You put X number of small items on a tray and they get a few minutes to memorise all of the items. You cover it up and they have to write down all the items - either within a certain time or they stop when first person has written down X answers. Check and person with most correct is the winner.

By the way all - bad news! My insurer doesn't cover the bath salts as they only have a limited number of therapies covered with under 12's! Thanks holistikat for suggesting Insurer check!

ps forgot to say that I also have a karaoke machine for the girls to mess around with whilst I am doing treatments......a real hit!! Tee hee x:lol:

Can I ask what you included in your nail art kits? & Where your lip glosses were from? :) Im just starting out with pamper parties & are trying to work it all out!

Latest posts

Back