Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimi83

Reaction score
Hi I'm just staring out and in need of some advice. I have done a manicure and gel course with nail harmony and I have everything ready to go to start building up a mobile business offering gel nails. Only thing I have to do is sort out business cards and prices. I've been really stuck with coming up with an oringinal name so was just thinking of putting my own name on card for now with a description of what I'm offering so u think this is ok?
I have a few people interested but I need to get my prices sorted asap so I can start. Lots of salons near me are offering gel for £10 but they are using blue sky. Some other salons are charging £25. I'm really struggling to decide on a price I wouldn't want to go as low as £10 as I have invested a lot of money In the products I have, however as I'm new to this I'm wondering if my prices should reflect this, It's hard to know what to do.
To start off with I was going to keep it simple with a price for gellish hand/feet and a price for a manicure with gellish and pedicure with gellish. Also not sure to charge or not for removal as a lot around where I live do it free with reapplication. Can anyone help me with this? Been thinking about it for so long now and I'm not getting anywhere lol. Thanks x

To get new clients in, I would recommend that you work out what price you want to charge eventually and then offer an introductory discount.

The reason for this is that it's much easier to lower a price than it is to raise your prices.

Good luck :)

Thanks for your reply [emoji4] Il do that then, makes sense.i have been unsure of what to do for the best. Didn't want to go too low and regret it further down the line. Thanks for your help x

I've done the same. I have an introductory offer but have made it clear that from a certain date the price will increase.

How long are you running the offer for? I was thinking maybe first two months. Thanks for your reply x

How long are you running the offer for? I was thinking maybe first two months. Thanks for your reply x
Eight weeks x

Latest posts

Back