Pro Tip Clips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fab-they sound great!! X

They aren't as expensive as I thought they were going to be, for some reason I had a feeling they would be a lot more.

Considering I buy high quality hair dressing foil which isn't cheap at all which eventually runs out I think they are a fair price for something reusable.

Very interested to hear more geeks thoughts on them, how much quicker has it made your removals?

Following. I saw these briefly at the show but couldn't get close enough to have a proper look. I'd like to know peoples thoughts them too :)

Bought the manicure set at Olympia only to find that the thumbs were missing! Contacted SS by email today so waiting for reply. Hope they will sort it soon, need me thumbs lol

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I brought these at olympia and I love them !!!! No more foils slipping.. holds product snugly to the nail plate therefore slightly cuts down on time 😆

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Liverpool Lashes has written a post on them on her website. Definitely worth a look, helped to make my mind up anyway!

I used them for the 1st time this morning. I think I may need to make them tighter as each nail near the free edge had not had sufficient contact with the cotton pad or Nourishing remover. The top of the nail however was perfect! Am I doing something wrong or just tighten them?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used them for the 1st time this morning. I think I may need to make them tighter as each nail near the free edge had not had sufficient contact with the cotton pad or Nourishing remover. The top of the nail however was perfect! Am I doing something wrong or just tighten them?

You need to make sure your cotton pad goes over the top of your nail. If you watch Liverpool Lashes video, she does an excellent job demonstrating this.

Loved your review, thanks for doing that :) think I am going to have to invest!

You need to make sure your cotton pad goes over the top of your nail. If you watch Liverpool Lashes video, she does an excellent job demonstrating this.

I did exactly what Liverpool lashes does so its not that. I will try them on myself on Friday :rolleyes:

I've tried out the protip clips tonight on myself and I'm impressed. Only downside is I too have struggled with my thumbs. I'm doing the same as Liverpool lashes but it's as if the clips are not tight enough near the free edge off the thumbs. I have a client in for removal tom so think I'll try adjusting them and see if that helps. I can see me purchasing the pedi set soon x

I watched Liverpool lashes video which was fantastic & they seem to work really well very quick & seems to take shellac of really well.
I just checked sweet squared & I was a bit shocked at the price of them to be honest. It's in euros though so I'm sure they are cheaper to buy in the uk. I think ill stick to my tin foil & cotton wool for the moment!

I tried them on myself this evening & again the free edge doesn't seem to have enough contact with the cottonpad/nourishing remover so I think I need thicker pads or tighter clips! I will continue to play with them ;)

Just received my pro tip clips and was excited to get them out of the box... Popped them all on one hand just to see how they felt and they all fell off! I know I have small fingers but I'm not the only person in the world with skinny hands. I tried tightening them but still made no difference as the plastic doesn't actually go together any more than the curve allows (if that makes sense). What on earth am I meant to do?!

No beautiful CND remover wraps anymore and I don't like foil as it comes loose. Don't understand why CND have replaced their own branded wraps with someone else's product that clearly isn't going to suit small hands!

Have you tried doubling up your cotton pad?

Just received my pro tip clips and was excited to get them out of the box... Popped them all on one hand just to see how they felt and they all fell off! I know I have small fingers but I'm not the only person in the world with skinny hands. I tried tightening them but still made no difference as the plastic doesn't actually go together any more than the curve allows (if that makes sense). What on earth am I meant to do?!

No beautiful CND remover wraps anymore and I don't like foil as it comes loose. Don't understand why CND have replaced their own branded wraps with someone else's product that clearly isn't going to suit small hands!

CND haven't replaced their wraps with someone else's product. CND still have their new foil wraps and Pro Clip is a separate company. Just because S2 sells it, doesn't mean it's CND affiliated. They carry many products that aren't CND :)

Have you tried doubling up your cotton pad?

Yes have even tried tripling up! They don't fall off anymore but just not removing the product. Have tried on a couple of clients and just doesn't soak it off well especially at the tips. It's taking ages!!x

Has anyone tried using these to remove acrylics yet? What was the timing like? I've ordered mine and can't wait to try them out!

If you have to wash in soapy water and soak in barbacide to sanatise between each client surely that means you'll have to have at least two sets if not more if doing back to back shellacking , just doesn't seem cost effective for the price the clips are !!

When are the CND foil wraps released ?

Latest posts

Back