Pro Tip Clips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a set of manicure and pedicure pro tip clips earlier this week as the foils weren't available yet. I love them for manicures but find them a bit big for pedicures...anyone with slim feet ends up with the clips being crowded so it's hard to put them on the little toes (I always start with big toe). By starting with the little toe it was easier.

I definitely found the removal quicker on toes once I started at the other end so to speak :) but am definitely looking forward to the CND foils.

If you have to wash in soapy water and soak in barbacide to sanatise between each client surely that means you'll have to have at least two sets if not more if doing back to back shellacking , just doesn't seem cost effective for the price the clips are !!

When are the CND foil wraps released ?

This was exactly my thoughts when I started reading this thread. Somedays I only just about have time to wipe down, change towels, couch roll etc. and can't imagine having to wash these in soapy water and soak in barbicide also.

If you have to wash in soapy water and soak in barbacide to sanatise between each client surely that means you'll have to have at least two sets if not more if doing back to back shellacking , just doesn't seem cost effective for the price the clips are !!

When are the CND foil wraps released ?

You are right. I think I will stick to foils, I never have a problem with them becoming loose and in winter I can add a bit of heat to ease removal on cold hands.
Plus, my clients like to drink their coffee during the soak off, I can't imagine they could lift a cup wearing these clips.

Does anyone know if Sweet Squared have sold out of the clips? I cant find them on the website anywhere.

Does anyone know if Sweet Squared have sold out of the clips? I cant find them on the website anywhere.

I've just checked s2, they have them in stock:lol:

Not sure how much the pro tip ones are but the BioSculpture ones dont seem that expensive to me?

Not sure how much the pro tip ones are but the BioSculpture ones dont seem that expensive to me?

They're reasonably priced, but you do have to be Bio Sculpture trained to buy their ones.

Good point - I am BioSculpture trained so will definitely give them a go!

What heading do they come under when searching the website please
Type in clips in the search box, they are still in stock:)

Type in clips in the search box, they are still in stock:)

Got them thanks....I typed in pro tip clips and they didn't come up....trying to be too clever...many thanks

Well I've used the clips on 2 clients today and doubled up the cotton pad thickness. This worked a treat and the removal was still just as fast. Both clients commented how secure the clips felt in comparison with foil and also said they looked more professional. I'm off to buy the pedicure set now 😃

Can you post a picture of the pedicure ones please? I'm really intrigued lol. I got my mani set yesterday and used them to remove my acrylics, I found them less fiddly to put on myself than foils and they removed the acrylic well.

l got both found hands great but my feet just dried out what am l doing wrong? x

I was the same as you but it was the nails that had dried out as I removed the toes nails first. I am going to try to really soak the cotton pad even more & see how I get on. Has anyone else had problems with the cotton pad drying out if removing both hands & toes?

How long is everyone leaving to soak for shellac mani? I did 10 mins but it didn't come away nicely as I'd of hoped. The second hand came off better as it had been on for longer, shall I try 15? I think the cotton pads dry out quite fast not sure if I'm doing something wrong but haven't found them that amazing yet :(

How long is everyone leaving to soak for shellac mani? I did 10 mins but it didn't come away nicely as I'd of hoped. The second hand came off better as it had been on for longer, shall I try 15? I think the cotton pads dry out quite fast not sure if I'm doing something wrong but haven't found them that amazing yet :(

I've found that 10 mins is perfect but I do double up the cotton pads as I struggled with the pads not coming into contact with the free edge. This has helped a lot x

I've found that 10 mins is perfect but I do double up the cotton pads as I struggled with the pads not coming into contact with the free edge. This has helped a lot x

Do you saturate both pads in the remover? I'll give this a go x

Do you saturate both pads in the remover? I'll give this a go x

I use a round pad and fold that in half so it's double thickness, then saturate one end and fold it over the end if the finger x

Wow that must soak up a lot of remover? I really want to get on with mine but not good so far.

Latest posts

Back