problem varnish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckygirl

Reaction score
hi i did my mothers toes last week for a wedding and she said today that the varnish had come of i scrub freshed the nail and used base coat topcot etc as normal any ideas why this is??/

luckygirl said:
hi i did my mothers toes last week for a wedding and she said today that the varnish had come of i scrub freshed the nail and used base coat topcot etc as normal any ideas why this is??/

Did you use polish that you have used before without problems?

Are you using a good Professional brand of nail polish??

I use creative sticky base coat then either creative or opi polishes and then creative super shiny top coat on my customers, i see most of them every 2 weeks and they'll still have the polish on from the last appointment, no chips or cracks. They love it!

I know professional brands can sometimes cost more but they are more than worth it.

Lou

i used creative polish but one i havent used before, i used stick polish and out the door on top and i never had this problem before, the only thing i can think of is she has a fungal infection and this maybe the problem

How did the polish come off? Did it chip off? Did it peel off like a sticker? How long did it last before this happened? Either way, there is probably something wrong with your polish. The base coat, the laquer, or the top coat. Make sure they aren't old, or gummy, and that you let the layers dry really good in between coats.

Maybe the polish wasn't dry enough. Try using a uv top caot and place her toes under a uv lamp to ensure that they are fully dry. I use opi nail polishes and they are great.

Nidia

You must make sure that the toes are clean and oil free. Always prep the nail well and remove all cuticle thats grown down with the nail. All this helps adhesion of the nail polish.

i'm not sure it was a new nail colour i used i must admit i did it v fast as my dad was waiting for her

Latest posts

Back