Problems with Iced Cappuccino curing in the bottle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiverpoolLashes

Reaction score
I've just uploaded a photo to my Facebook page about my Iced Cappuccino. It's has completely cured in the bottle despite me being absolutely vigilant with storing them all out of sunlight and keeping them tightly screwed. (I work in a summerhouse, my racks are on a wall with absolutely no light on them and the front blind that's nearest them are constantly down.)

I thought it might have just been something odd that's happened to me but a few others have replied to say theirs have too and one said there is definitely on it's way there.

I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem? I nearly died when my client asked for it this morning and I took the bottle down and there was no brush at the end, then I realised it was in the completely cured bottle 😱

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404041962.566879.jpg

Is it maybe the heat? Surly a summer house is humid?

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is it maybe the heat? Surly a summer house is humid?

I have air conditioning ☺️ but even if I didn't have the air con on, it doesn't explain why my other 80 shades are fine x

Mmmm, thats verrry strange,have you contacted s2? Maybe a dodgy batch?

Mmmm, thats verrry strange,have you contacted s2? Maybe a dodgy batch?

It is very odd. I couldn't believe it when I opened it!

So far on my Facebook page, four other nail techs have said the same and a fifth says hers in going that way.

Admittedly it's not a new bottle, it's one of my oldest but I bought a lot of shades at the same time and this is the only one with a problem.

I may email Samantha if more people say that there's did too x

How strange! Never heard of that before. I dropped limeade once and the neck of the bottle broke off inside the inside of the brush handle bit. Was jammed inside after only dropping on a table. Dropped bottles on the floor from up high before and that never happened to me before. Had to decant into a pot and use it with a gel brush x

That does sound odd. I know that storage is obviously important and the usual ... Not leaving caps off or leaving it near the lamp... Best thing to do would be to call S2 and speak with Linda or one of the team... I haven't personally heard of this problem before ...

I haven't used mine for a while, I think I will check it out, just in case. Thanks for the tip.

This has happened to my Masquerade. I just assumed it was because I hadn't used it in awhile, I had exposed it to light or it got too warm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've definitely got this problem with my 'Creampuff' I've been diligent with storing, yet it's definitely on it's way to curing itself.

I will check mine it's not been used yet x

In truth it's probably that we're now all coming to the stage where as if you've been doing Shellac from the start, the lesser loved shades are now starting to cure as they're probably over three years old.

It just shocked me when I opened it as I know I've looking after them so well, that's all so I thought I'd check and see if it had happened to anyone else ☺️

In truth it's probably that we're now all coming to the stage where as if you've been doing Shellac from the start, the lesser loved shades are now starting to cure as they're probably over three years old.

It just shocked me when I opened it as I know I've looking after them so well, that's all so I thought I'd check and see if it had happened to anyone else ☺️

Hi, do you know what temperature the room should be when applying shellac? I was applying a few days ago and my base coat brush started going stiff. My client room was quite hot, but would like to know if there is a specific tenperature.
Thanks😊

It happened to my 1st gen bottle of the same color.

Latest posts

Back