problems with my gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystal tips

Reaction score
Hi this is my first time on here. i've been a tech for 2 and half years and not had problems until recently.
Using biosculpture gel last week for infills, i did nothing diff at all but days later they all started to peel off! the client has been having them done for years so I have no doubts it was something she had done.
I'm so confused, I did everything as I always have done and exactly how I had done the original overlay 2 weeks previously.........HELP:mad:

Is it just one client that this has happened to?

Do your UV lamp bulbs need replacing?

just the one but she is the only one i've done recently, could well be the bulbs, hadn't thought of that thanks sooooooooooooooooo much x x x :lol:

You're welcome x

When was the last time you changed them?

Bio recommends that the UV bulbs are changed every 6 months or 500 hours of use so if you're not using your lamp on a regular basis, this could be a reason why you are having probs.

about a year ago but i don't use it very often so didn't think they would need changing strictly 6 months?! woops x x x

I had a similar problem with a client suddenly having nails peeling away.

I racked my brains - and I decided I was going to moniter how she placed her hand when in lamp.

She had been in fact so relaxed (chatting and things) that her fingers were curled under - therefore gel not being fully cured.

It might be worth keeping an eye on clients and giving them a gentle reminder to keep hands flat.

Hope this helps and you get to the bottom of it soon.

When I was training with Bio there was a tech there who had the exact same problem. Her employer sent her for refresher training since the gel would rub off within days. She did it with the trainer and cured with her own lamp - and it rubbed right off when it was filed. Turned out it was her lamp (not a bio lamp) - not the bulbs, but the lamp itself was not working properly.

But if you've had your bulbs for a year, that's probably it.

Even if it's just sitting on a shelf, the bulbs become ineffective over time - 6 months and they need to be replaced.

Latest posts

Back